D-Link's DAP-2565 Wireless Access Point Is Seriously Serious

Plenum-rated. Networking. Cloud. Small biz. Mix those all together with D-Link, and you've got the company's new DAP-2565 Wi-Fi Access Point, which is designed for indoor plenum deployment in above-ceiling airspace installations. The new Cloud-Managed solution provides small and medium-sized businesses, as well as K-12 and hospitality environments, with a secure, reliable and affordable way to manage their networks.

As a new member of the D-Link Cloud-Managed Access Point family, the DAP-2565 delivers business-grade features at a lower cost than other enterprise solutions, including flexible IEEE 802.11n performance, Power Over Ethernet (PoE) support for installation in areas where power outlets are not readily available, and secure guest access and control privileges for individual users. The DAP-2565 also utilizes CloudCommand, which allows end users and value-added resellers (VARs) and managed service providers (MSPs) to easily and quickly set up, secure and remotely manage high-performance wireless networks with multiple access points through a Cloud portal, saving significant time and resources. In addition, the DAP-2565's plenum-rated metal chassis meets specific requirements to be flame retardant and have low smoke production for placement in air passageways.

The DAP-2565 is available for $615.99 MSRP with a one-year Cloud Service subscription and renewal price of $99.99 MSRP per year for each Access Point. D-Link's Cloud Managed solutions are currently available in the U.S. and are sold through D-Link's vast network, including value-added resellers, solutions providers and distributors.
Via:  D-Link
Comments
gazd1 3 years ago

D-Link is a good brand name & like usual they would have a good product, but this Cloud solution ain't for me. So you will not see me interested in any of these Cloud concept ideas.

gloriad1 3 years ago

I think that you sure have got that right gazd1.Wink It's just one step closer towards that Cloud concept idea of Microsofts.Angry

acarzt 3 years ago

A thin AP with an off site controller, that you don't have physical access to? That sounds like a nightmare...

It is a lot cheaper tho...

gazd1 3 years ago

That's right! "acarzt" you sure have got that right.

omegadraco 3 years ago

I don't know if I would call it a lot cheaper. I have a Cisco setup in the school building on work in and they are about $800 bux per AP. With a 5 year replacement cycle it is pretty much a wash and the controller is in my building.

acarzt 3 years ago

I meant the controllers. We run a 3 year life cycle. To stand up a site with about 600 APs it would cost about $500,000 once you add in vendor hardware support, licensing, access points, controllers, failover, etc.That's in an Aruba environment though. Cisco is a little different since you don't pay for AP licensing, one controller supports up to 100 APs. Either way... Enterprise wireless is expensive lol

acarzt 3 years ago

whoops, that is the numbers for a 300 AP site.... It's much more for 600. I did a lot of the quotes for our refreshs. but yea... It's very expensive.

omegadraco 3 years ago

I agree acarzt... Enterprise wireless is expensive regardless. Yeah we are a school district so only run about 80 APs for the whole agency so it is probably not as bad. I have one controller that supports 50 and one that the support 100 that the initial 50 use as a backup. Some APs are not critical so they don't have a backup controller. The 5 year life cycle of course cuts down on the overall cost as well.

acarzt 3 years ago

I was supporting hospitals with around 10,000 APs total and they all had to have backup as well as a few extra APs laying around for replacements

omegadraco 3 years ago

Holy hell that is a lot of APs... Aruba is definitely the better choice a wireless network that large. Once I am done with my bachelors degree my plan is to try and get into a particular college IT department so I am sure I will see a much larger network.