Custom NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670/680 Round Up: EVGA, ZOTAC, MSI, Gigabyte, ASUS

Now that Kepler has had a few months to marinate, NVIDIA’s board partners are ready with newer, custom GeForce GTX 680 and GTX 670 cards that push things a bit further than the initial batch of products based on NVIDIA’s reference designs. As such, we thought it would be a great time to round-up some of the hottest offerings to see how they compare to each other and to AMD’s latest, the Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition, which hit the scene recently.

We’ve got six cards on tap for you today, four GeForce GTX 680 and two GeForce GTX 670 cards, from companies like MSI, Asus, EVGA, ZOTAC, and Gigabyte...

Custom NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670/680 Round Up: EVGA, ZOTAC, MSI, Gigabyte, ASUS

Via:  HotHardware
Comments
realneil 2 years ago

Nice stack of GPUs in that picture.

I'm really liking that MSI GeForce GTX 670 Power Edition card

der meister 2 years ago

realneil 2 years ago

[quote user="Der Meister"]My next upgrade is going to be a 670 I think.... Or I could win one *hint* *hint* Smile[/quote]

This review convinced me,....I'm gonna get one of them when I can too. Winning one is a great idea too,......(more hints) Angel

Mariusmssj 2 years ago

Did you use the latest bios update for Gigabyte 680 F2.0?

It slows down the fans(makes it much more silent),

installs firmware update for memory controller allowing higher overclock

and other things

LeeeVang 2 years ago

I really like the evga 670 ftw. A 670 built on a 680 pcb. NIce factory clock speeds and great overclocker as well.

DeeKay 2 years ago

I would avoid anything produced by Zotac like the plague. I had one of their GTX 285 graphic cards and it blew 3 weeks past its 24-month warranty. Having registered for the extra 3 years on day of purchase (giving me 5 years in total) I thought I'd be covered...nope! I didn't recall having received their confirmation letter / email (and to be honest didn't even think of looking out for it at the time) and without that they refuse to repair / replace. Even when I pointed out that the card wasn't made 5 years ago they still refused to do anything. Their customer service is non-existent. Next time I'll stick with POV, BFG!

realneil 2 years ago

I have an EVGA GTX285 2GB card that seems to be bullet proof. I've had it for a long time and never had any issues with it at all. (think: Energizer Bunny here) It has a lifetime warranty if you registered right when you got it.

Zotac has never ~made it~ to my short list of brands that I trust, but I would consider one of their tiny motherboards.

musi1212 2 years ago

Did you use the latest bios update for Gigabyte 680 F2.0?

marco c 2 years ago

I did not originally test with F2--I tested the card as it arrived. But am experimenting with it now. Will have to update the temp section as well...

DDeBruyne 2 years ago

GTX670 AMP wins.

LibraYeung one year ago

I got MSI GTX 670 PE SLI, still good?