Corsair Issues 2333MHz Dominator GTX Memory

If you simply can't live with anything less than the best in your main system, Corsair has a new toy that it would like to see. The company's Dominator GTX RAM module is classified as the "world's fastest Intel XMP-certified memory," and it has passed Corsair's certification at the blistering speed of 2333MHz, surpassing Corsair’s 2000MHz modules as the fastest XMP-certified memory in the world.

Intel’s engineers awarded the XMP-Ready certification to 2 x 2GB Corsair CMGTX1 modules running at the frequency of 2333MHz using low timings of 9-11-9-27 at a voltage of just 1.65V. The going rate for a 2GB DIMM is $200, so it'll cost you quite a small fortune to soup your rig up with these. Rethinking that whole "got to have the best!" thing yet?

2333MHz Corsair® Dominator™ GTX confirmed as World’s Fastest Intel® XMP-certified memory

- Intel stamp of approval reinforces Corsair’s status as the leading supplier of performance memory –

FREMONT, California, January 21, 2010Corsair, a worldwide leader in high-performance computer and flash memory products, today announced that the Dominator GTX1 ultra-high performance DDR3 memory module (CMGTX1) has passed Intel’s XMP-Ready certification at the blistering speed of 2333MHz, surpassing Corsair’s 2000MHz modules as the fastest XMP-certified memory in the world.

Corsair Dominator GTX modules are individually hand-screened and tested to ensure unmatched performance. They are designed specifically for enthusiasts and overclockers who want to achieve the highest performance possible, and to break benchmark world records.

Intel’s engineers awarded the XMP-Ready certification to 2 x 2GB Corsair CMGTX1 modules running at the incredible frequency of 2333MHz using low timings of 9-11-9-27 at a voltage of just 1.65V. The test platform was a Gigabyte™ GA-P55A-UD4P motherboard. The successful XMP certification is a testament to the performance capabilities as well as the stability of both the memory and the target platform.

“Building the fastest memory for extreme overclockers and enthusiasts requires considerable engineering expertise, combined with a unique understanding of the complexities of overclocking,” said Kevin Conley, VP of Engineering at Corsair. “Intel is one of the most meticulous and sophisticated technology companies in the world, and so achieving XMP-Ready certification at the astonishing frequency of 2333MHz once again clearly demonstrates Corsair’s performance leadership.”

Corsair Dominator GTX1 modules are individually screened and tested on multiple high-performance Intel P55 chipset platforms. In addition to the XMP-Ready certification at a frequency of 2333MHz, they are guaranteed by Corsair to operate at up to 2400MHz at timings of 9-11-9-27 at 1.65V.

Corsair Dominator GTX modules are available exclusively from Corsair’s Online Store. They utilize Corsair's patented DHX+ heatsink and are supplied with extra-tall cooling fins to maximize heat dissipation. They are sold as a single module, allowing enthusiasts to simply buy the number of modules they require. Corsair recommends using the GT Airflow fan with tall mounting brackets, also available from the Corsair Online Store (part number CMXAF2 GTL).

As Corsair Dominator GTX1 modules are screened by hand, in multiple passes, at Corsair's lab in Fremont, California, availability is extremely limited and is on a first come, first served basis only.

More information about Intel XMP-Ready memory, including lists of XMP-certified memory products, can be found at: http://www.intel.com/Consumer/Game/extreme-memory.htm

For more information on Corsair DDR3 Memory for Intel Processors, please visit http://www.corsair.com/products/memory_home.aspx.

About DHX+ Technology

Corsair's patented DHX+ technology uses specially designed, high-quality heatsinks and a custom-designed PCB that allows both the front and rear of the memory ICs, as well as the printed circuit board itself, to be cooled. DHX+ technology also allows for the cooling fins to be removed, allowing for a range of modular cooling accessories including extended heatsink fins, the Corsair Cooling™ Hydro Series H30 water cooling block and Corsair Cooling™ Ice Series T30 sub-ambient cooling subsystem, which cools the memory up to 20°C below room temperature for maximum overclocking performance. DHX and DHX+ designs are covered by US Patent number 7,606,034.

About Corsair

Founded in 1994, Corsair Memory, Inc., is a worldwide leader in high performance components for personal computers. Specializing in very high performance memory and ultra- efficient power supplies, our flagship products, Including Dominator™ memory modules, are the choice of overclockers, enthusiasts, and gamers everywhere. Our expertise in design and manufacturing is also evident in our complete line of Flash Voyager® and Flash Survivor™ USB storage devices. Corsair offers 24/7 customer support via forums and the Tech Support Express helpdesk. For more information, please visit www.corsair.com

Copyright© 2010 Corsair. All rights reserved. All company and/or product names may be trade names, trademarks, and/or registered trademarks of the respective owners with which they are associated. Features, pricing, availability, and specifications are subject to change without notice.

Via:  Corsair
Tags:  Intel, memory, Corsair, RAM
Comments
rapid1 4 years ago

This is some sweet memory. I wonder where memory will go next. I am thinking DDR4 will be skipped for DDR5 because of the research and development I have seen on it lately.

acarzt 4 years ago

Also, I just noticed it says "Guranteed to run at 2400mhz" Well then why don't they sell it already clocked at that speed?

mentaldisorder 4 years ago

Corsair with out a doubt makes the most beautiful heat spreaders of any manufacturer. These look like a piece of art. I'm amazed at the low volts required for ram these days, mine run on 2.2v.

gibbersome 4 years ago

Only 1.65V for this one. Pretty amazing considering Corsair 1600 also runs at the voltage.

But imagine paying $600 for 6GB, a bit too much.

Now I just have to wait for a certain Nigerian doctor to wire funds into my account...

mentaldisorder 4 years ago

You clearly weren't into computers during socket a.  I think that was 512mb for $99 for Corsair XMS.

gibbersome 4 years ago

Lol, my interests in computers has always been with me since I first played Doom. But my knowledge has definitely oscillated over the years, moreso due to academic reasons than anything else.

acarzt 4 years ago

Ahhh good old Socket A... put a mobile CPU in that sucker and crank up the clock speed! 2500+ XP Mobile was my weapon of choice :-) And yea, if you had 1GB of RAM, you were the sh!t lol I had a Sweet Geforce 2 Ultra with it originally, then upgraded to the 3, and then the 6600GT, and that was the last upgrade that system ever got. Sold it and it's still running today!

First system I ever built :-)

And the timings on this ram is horrible lol. I'll stick with my "slow" 1600 ram with quick timings (6-7-6-20)

mentaldisorder 4 years ago

[quote user="acarzt"]

First system I ever built :-)

I'm with you my 2500+ XP mobile was golden...still have it too.

Selks 4 years ago

Speed > Timings when timings are similar. Or everyone would be using DDR2 with low timings over DDR3.

Selks 4 years ago

That's crazy fast. I wonder if they are reaching the speed cap, other companies aren't pushing as hard as corsair....

rapid1 4 years ago

ROFL acarzt My Original ATI all in Wonder PRO is sitting on my dresser in a magnetic sleeve (the one I originally got it in as a matter of a fact). That was in my first system a PII 400, which very well may still be in my moms basement. I have no clue if it's still there, but that's where it was last I saw it (She has a huge basement full of stuff mostly hers, but some of my old junk as well). I kept this card waiting to see one of those send in the oldest video cards that still works contests ATI used to do. I figured the longer I keep it the better chance of winning one. Then I forgot about it for several years and got it back about 6 months ago.

gibbersome 4 years ago

I remember the All-in-Wonder Pro. The very first one I had, my brother helped me build when I was 10. It was Pentium I, 233 Mhz, 4.2 GB hard drive, with 4 MB of Video memory, which at the time was da bomb! That system lasted me three years...wow. Played Baldur's Gate on that beast on many a late night.

realneil 4 years ago

My first was an 8088 with a case that weighed 40 pounds or so. It ran at 12MHz. and had 128KB of RAM. The hard drive was an RLL 30 Megabyte Seagate with it's own controller board. The screen was green.

We've come a long way since then.

gibbersome 4 years ago

Lol, 12MHz and 128KB or RAM! That's twice as much as a Commodore 64! I still have one of those lying around somewhere back at home in near pristine condition. Remember this start screen?

rapid1 4 years ago

I was not clear enough in my comment the All in Wonder Pro is from the first system I built. The first systems in my house were an Apple IIe which was my mom's and I as the oldest kid had a Commodore 64. So that screen is very familiar, we had an Atari to that my younger step sister and brother used.

gibbersome 4 years ago

We had a couple of those Atari systems as well! Miss the old Atari 2600, with thoe joysticks and the big red button!

Corsair also released the CMGTX2 module with 2250Mhz with 8-8-8-24.

realneil 4 years ago

The RAM looks good, but I just can't afford to try to keep up with advances in technology. The bleeding edge is a very expensive place to play in.

Time is on my side though and I look forward to prices for this stuff to eventually come down into my "breathable" atmosphere.

amdcrankitup 4 years ago

Those are some impressive heat spreaders and  incredible frequecies I need there version for my Phenom Rig.

Blazer 4 years ago

I need 3 of those bad boys for my next build, maybe I will be able to win them (hint hint) because that is the only way I will ever see them in one of my systems. They are way to expensive for me.

bighorse 4 years ago

Ram is getting blazing fast.

Corsair Dominators have always been a great stick of Ram but they have had a hefty price. From what I have seen from all their benchmarks for each generation has been very good. Even their value Ram has been fast and reliable.