Apple's App Store seems to be exploding with new content, and this week
it's gaining yet another notable mention: CloudTalk. As both the cloud
and IM become hot topics of conversation, the two are combining in a new
social messaging app for iPhone and Android, claiming to "bring voice
back" to social interactions. The new
version of the CloudTalk app includes rich social and multi-media
capabilities and a more intuitive user interface, all built around
idea that people need to be able to use their voice to
Users can use the app to add photos and videos to your messages when
words just aren’t enough, group message and engage in more
social conversations by threads or groups. There's also Facebook/Twitter
integration, support for SMS and organized news feeds. You'll need to
give the app a download before starting a new circle of friends, but
we're guessing that it won't take too long to amass a sizable chunk of
fellow smartphone owners.
CloudTalk Unveils New Social Messaging App for iPhone and Android
CloudTalk Brings Voice Back to Social Communications
SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--CloudTalk, a social communications platform that enables personal and natural communication through voice as well as text, photo and video, today unveiled its new application for iPhone and Android. The new version of the CloudTalk app includes rich social and multi-media capabilities and a more intuitive user interface, all built around the idea that people need to be able to use their voice to communicate.
“And CloudTalk makes talking as easy as texting, so we can freely use our voices to convey emotion, avoid misconstrued tone and get a message across far more quickly and powerfully than text alone.”
“There’s been a dramatic shift in the messaging landscape in the past six months, evidenced by an appetite for a more intimate and social kind of mobile communication that mirrors the way we interact with our social circles in real life on a daily basis,” said Tim Bajarin, principal analyst at Creative Strategies. “This should drive new platforms towards a more authentic style of communication, and it will be interesting to see how this space plays out.”
Highlights for the new app include:
* Multimedia Sharing: Add photos and videos to your messages when words just aren’t enough.
* Group Messaging: Message the people you know one-on-one, in a group, or broadcast to the entire CloudTalk community.
* More Social Conversations: Make your group messaging conversations more social by adding new participants, naming your conversation threads by topic or by groups of people participating and by liking and commenting on conversations, photos and videos.
* Facebook and Twitter Integration: Find friends on your favorite social networks that are already using the CloudTalk app and post to your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
* Engaging Your Circle of Friends: Invite your friends to join you on CloudTalk via SMS or email and follow each other, so you can chat or share content.
* Organized News Feeds: Never lose track of an important conversation again, with your latest messages stored all in one place.
We also kept the features our users love in the new version of the CloudTalk app:
* Voice Messaging: Send and receive real-time asynchronous voice messages within your social circle.
* Text Messaging: Stay in touch with your friends or groups of friends with free, unlimited text messaging.
* Public Communities: Venture out and meet someone with similar interests in the public community and start or join a group.
“The friction caused by phone calls when we can’t take them, and voice mail that feels like a dead end, is making it harder to use our voice in daily communications with our social circle. CloudTalk stands out as the only platform to put the power and convenience of voice at the center of the social communications experience,” says David Hayden, chairman and CEO of CloudTalk. “And CloudTalk makes talking as easy as texting, so we can freely use our voices to convey emotion, avoid misconstrued tone and get a message across far more quickly and powerfully than text alone.”
To get started on CloudTalk, download the app directly from your mobile device at the iTunes App Store or Android Marketplace. Once you have downloaded the app, invite and follow your circle of friends or make new friends from around the world in the public communities. To learn more about CloudTalk visit www.cloudtalk.com.
CloudTalk also recently launched its App Platform and Partner Program at SXSW, which enables mobile and Web application developers to integrate a whole new dimension of voice, text and rich media to any application where the power of human communication is important. The new CloudTalk app runs on the CloudTalk platform. The company will be speaking and exhibiting at the APPNATION conference in San Francisco on April 27th and 28th so stop by and say hello!