Ever get the hankering to run not one but four panels from a single graphics card? Let's see... How about a quartet of 24" widescreens spanning your desktop or game environment? The good folks at Asus sent this beefy plank-o-silicon over for test and evaluation and needless to say, it seemingly has the gifts.
Asus' EAH3870 X2 1GB TOP - Radeon HD 3870 X2
- 1GB of .8ns Hynix GDDR3 DRAM (1200MHz/2.4GHz GDDR3)
- Quad dual-link DVI outputs
- Overclocked out of the box (speeds to be announced in our full review)
- Custom cooling with dual fans
- All copper heat-plate with heatpipes linked to dual aluminum heatsinks.
- Much lighter wieght than the original reference design AMD Radeon HD 3870 X2
- Dual slot solution
In typical fashion, Asus steps out to market with something innovative and different versus a run-of-the-mill reference design. The Asus design team was able to cram four dual-link DVI connectors and an S-Video port into a single dual-slot back plate. Stay tuned for more details in the weeks ahead as to how this new high-end board performs.
|HotHardware’s Summer Gaming System...||294|
|Sexy Samsung 105-Inch 4K UHD Curvaceous...||23|
|Enraged Verizon FiOS Customer Posts...||17|
|Your e-DNA May Be The Next Security...||16|
|French Court Fines Blogger For Negative...||14|
|The Deal Is Done: Facebook Officially...||12|
|Smart TVs Are Set To Completely Dominate...||11|