These days, a disappointing router can ruin just about all of the fun within your home. Slow transfers, wonky connections; we've all been there. Amped Wireless is producing a new piece of gear that aims to make those woes a thing of the past. The AP20000G dual-band Wi-Fi access point delivers up to 7,500 square feet of Wi-Fi coverage, which ought to cover even that wild mansion you've been eying down the street. The unit has a 620MHz processor, 600mW 2.4GHz amplifiers, high power 5.0GHz Wi-Fi amplifiers and two dual band high gain antennas. There's a USB port here as well for sharing files on a USB storage device, as well as four Gigabit Ethernet ports. With all that horsepower, you'll be asked to pay $169.99 when it ships later this month.
Here's the spec rundown...
- Dual High Power 2.4GHz 600mW Amplifiers, Dual High Power 5.0GHz Amplifiers and Dual Low Noise Amplifiers for Improving Wireless Reception
- Dual High Gain 5dBi Detachable Dual Band Antennas
- Powerful Internal Processor for Faster Networking
- 5x Gigabit Networking Ports (1 x Uplink, 4 x LAN)
- USB 2.0 Port for Sharing USB Storage Devices Locally
- Adjustable Wi-Fi Coverage
- Provide up to Eight Wi-Fi networks for guest access
- Intelligent plug and play setup
The AP20000G has a retail price of $169.99 and is available now for pre-order from the Amped Wireless web store. It will be available nationwide late September. Learn More: http://www.ampedwireless.com/products/ap20000G.html It will be available via retailers online and in-store nationwide by mid-June 2012.