Talk about an obscene amount of power. AVADirect
has begun selling what it claims is the world's most powerful i7 SLI
gaming notebook -- the Clevo
X8100 -- and after taking a peek at the spec sheet, we won't argue. Every bit the desktop replacement, only the chassis qualifies this one as a notebook, even if the hardware under the hood screams otherwise. Here's what you get:
- Screen: 18.4” Full HD (1920x1080) TFT LED LCD
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7 720QM / 820QM / 920XM Socket G1 processors support
- Video Card: NVIDIA® GTX 285M 1GB single or 2GB Dual VGA / SLI configuration
- Memory: up to 8 GB 1066/1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM Memory Supported
- Hard Drive: Support up to 3 Hard Disk Drives with integrated SATA Raid 0,1 Controller
- Video Ports: 1x HDMI, 1x DVI Port, 1x VGA Port for external Monitors
- Data Ports: 3x USB 2.0 Ports, 1x IEEE 1394a Port, 1x eSATA Port, 1 RJ-45 LAN (Gigabit LAN)
- Media Ports: 1x Headphone Jack, 1x Microphone Jack, 1x Line-in Jack, 1x S/P DIF output Jack, 1 CIR for TV remote controller, 1x CATV input Jack function for TV Tuner
- Expansion: 1x Express Card 34/54 Slot, 7-in-1 Card Reader (MMC/RSMMC/SD/Mini SD/MS/MS Pro/MS Duo), 2x MiniCard Slots for WLAN Module and TV Tuner
- Communication: Built-in 10/100/1000MB Base-TX Ethernet LAN, Intel® Wi-Fi Link 5300AGN 802.11a/b/g/n wireless LAN, Bluetooth™ V2.1 module
- Other Features: Built-in 2.0M Digital Video Camera, Multi color luminous front vent, rear vent, and top cover logo, 5 Built-in Speakers
- Dimension: 17.25” (w) x 11.75” (d) x 1.7” (h) 12.50 lbs with Battery Pack
- Starting Price: $2493.85
That's a lot of hardware to be packing into an 18.4-inch frame, not the least of which are the dual-GPUs. AVADirect claims you'll notice up to a 90 percent increase in framerates when compared to those oh-so-modest single-GPU notebooks.
"If you recall, June of 2009 we began to sell the Clevo M980NU. It was a Core 2 Duo based notebook with GTX 280's in SLI. It was a very exciting time for us as a boutique builder, because nobody out there had that type of product on the market. Now, we have the same chassis used by Clevo and a mobile Core i7 processor. Not only will this reduce bottleneck within the notebook, but increase performance up to 50%. Given the nature of it's size and power I can easily suggest the Clevo X8100 notebook for a desktop replacement. There is nothing like raw, mobile gaming power at the tip of your fingers." says Misha Troshin, CMO and co-owner of AVADirect.
Pretty bold claims, and we'll be putting all of them to the test. That's right, keep your eyes peeled for a full-on review right here on HotHardware later this month.