AT&T is adding two new BlackBerry smartphones to its lineup. First up is the BlackBerry Pearl 3G (model 9100) which is the smallest BlackBerry smartphone yet measuring less than two inches wide and weighing 3.3 ounces. This phone has built-in Wi-Fi and GPS as well as a high resolution display. The BlackBerry Pearl 3G will be available for $149.99 starting October 17.
AT&T's other new BlackBerry, the BlackBerry Curve 3G (model 9300), features built-in GPS, dedicated media keys, support for the AT&T U-verse Mobile app, and support for up to 32GB memory cards. The phone is also BlackBerry 6 ready, meaning the phone will get the updated OS in the coming months. The BlackBerry Curve 3G will be available in time for the holidays for $99.99.
AT&T Expands Smartphone Lineup With New 3G BlackBerry Smartphones
BlackBerry Curve 3G and BlackBerry Pearl 3G Coming Soon to the Nation's Fastest Mobile Broadband Network.
DALLAS, Sept. 29 /PRNewswire/ --
No matter how you stay in touch – whether through voice calls or social networking – the new BlackBerry smartphones connect you in style. Customers can stay connected with friends and family on the go through a broad variety of apps like Facebook® and BBM™ (BlackBerry® Messenger). In addition to pre-loaded social networking apps, both the BlackBerry Curve 3G and BlackBerry Pearl 3G now include BlackBerry App World™, with purchases automatically included on AT&T customers' bill.
Both new smartphones feature Wi-Fi® connectivity, and qualifying AT&T customers receive access to the entire AT&T national Wi-Fi network included as part of their data plan. AT&T's has the nation's largest Wi-Fi network with more than 23,000 U.S. hotspots.
BlackBerry Curve 3G
The BlackBerry Curve 3G, the first 3G BlackBerry Curve from AT&T, features the iconic BlackBerry design with a full QWERTY keyboard and optical trackpad. The new smartphone features built-in GPS, as well as dedicated media keys, so music lovers can easily access their tunes while on the go. It also features a camera that can record video and a microSD/SDHC slot that supports up to 32 GB memory cards for media storage. Support for 3G networks makes browsing faster, streaming music smoother, and gives users the ability to talk on the phone while they browse the web, instant message with BBM™ or share their location with friends on popular social networking sites. The BlackBerry Curve offers an exceptional BlackBerry experience at an affordable price.
AT&T will also make the popular AT&T U-verse® Mobile app available for AT&T U-verse TV customers who also have the BlackBerry Curve 9300. U-verse Mobile lets U-verse TV customers manage their DVR recordings, download hit TV shows over any Wi-Fi connection, and watch them on their BlackBerry Curve 9300 from anywhere. The app will be available to all U-verse TV customers, and the ability to download and watch select content will be available for customers that subscribe to the U300 package or higher.
BlackBerry Curve 3G is also BlackBerry® 6 ready. BlackBerry 6 is a new operating system for BlackBerry® smartphones that retains the trusted features that distinguish the BlackBerry brand while delivering a fresh and engaging experience that is both powerful and easy to use. BlackBerry 6 is expected to be available for the BlackBerry Curve 3G in the coming months.
BlackBerry Pearl 3G
The BlackBerry Pearl 3G smartphone is the smallest BlackBerry® smartphone yet and is as powerful as it is compact. Measuring less than two inches wide and weighing only 3.3 ounces, it still manages to pack in support for high-speed 3G networks, Wi-Fi (b/g/n) and GPS along with a high resolution display. It also features an optical trackpad for smooth navigation, dedicated volume and media keys for added convenience, a 3.2 MP camera with flash for quality pictures on the go, and support for up to 32 GB of personal content. The BlackBerry Pearl, available in a red gradient, is ideal for customers who prefer a compact device, but still want a smartphone that delivers a full BlackBerry experience.
"AT&T continues to expand our offering of BlackBerry smartphones, including the recently launched BlackBerry Torch, to suit the various needs of our customers," said Michael Woodward, vice president, Mobile Phone Portfolio, AT&T Mobility and Consumer Markets. "As the first U.S. carrier to offer BlackBerry service, we are pleased to add the BlackBerry Pearl 3G and BlackBerry Curve 3G to our portfolio, which deliver style without compromising features or functionality."
"The BlackBerry Curve and BlackBerry Pearl series of smartphones have become extremely popular around the world by giving customers all the powerful BlackBerry communications, media and social networking capabilities they expect, in compact, stylish and easy-to-use handset designs. These new 3G models offer faster performance and a very attractive mix of features and services for AT&T customers," said Carlo Chiarello, vice president, Global Handset Business, Research In Motion.
For the complete array of AT&T offerings, visit www.att.com
(1) Price of $99.99 and $149.99 requires a 2-year service agreement and smartphone data plan.
(2) Mobile Broadband/3G coverage not available in all areas.
(3) Limited-time offer. Other conditions & restrictions apply. See contract & rate plan brochure for details. Subscriber must live & have a mailing addr. within AT&T's owned wireless network coverage area. Up to $36 activ. fee applies. Equipment price & avail may vary by mrk & may not be available from independent retailers. Early Termination Fee: None if cancelled in the first 30 days, but up to $35 restocking fee may apply to equipment returns; thereafter up to $325. Some agents impose add'l fees. Smartphone Data Plan Requirement: Smartphones require a DataPlus (200MB) or DataPro (2GB) plan. If you exceed your initial data allowance, you will automatically be charged an additional $10 for each additional 1GB provided on DataPro or an additional $15 for each additional 200MB provided on DataPlus. All data allowances, including overages, must be used in the billing period in which the allowance is provided or they will be forfeited. For more details on Data Plans, go to att.com/dataplans Sales tax calculated based on price of unactivated equipment.
(4) Geographic and service restrictions apply to AT&T U-verse services. Call or go to www.att.com/u-verse to see if you qualify. U-verse Mobile: Download and watch available for select shows and requires qualifying smartphone, U300 or higher TV plan and Wi-Fi connection. Downloaded shows available for viewing for limited time periods.
(5) Largest Wi-Fi based on company branded and operated hotspots. Access includes AT&T Wi-Fi Basic. A Wi-Fi enabled device required. Other restrictions apply. See www.attwifi.com for details and locations.
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
|HotHardware EVGA Tegra Note Tablet...||124|
|AMD A10 Kaveri APU Details Leaked||22|
|Critics Claim Porsche Carrera GT Paul...||21|
|Windows 8.1 Desktop Usage Inches Past...||20|
|Console Buyers Beware: Teen Gets...||16|
|2 Million Gmail, Facebook and Twitter...||11|
|Beware: Xbox One Backwards Compatibility...||9|