Sorry students, but the fact of the matter is that school is right around the corner, if you haven't started back already. On the bright side, as you wave goodbye to summer, you can say hello to back-to-school specials. And if you're looking to build a new PC, whether it's for school for just in general, the folks at Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)
just announced a new cost-friendly processor to play around with, the FX-4130.
"The AMD FX-4130 processor, for enthusiasts who like their graphics (GPU) interchangeable and upgradeable, is a 4-core CPU that clocks slightly below a 4GHz operating frequency in a 125W thermal envelope. Suggested retail price for the part is a highly competitive $112," AMD stated in a blog post.
If you're not interested in the FX-4130 but still want to roll with AMD, you'll be happy to know the chip designer cut prices on more than a dozen processors. They include:
- FX-8150 with liquid cooling: $251 (down from $271)
- FX-8150: $183 (down from $204)
- FX-8120: $153 (down from $164)
- FX-6200: $132 (down from $153)
- FX-6100: $112 (down from $132)
- FX-4170: $122 (down from $132)
- FX-4130: $112 (new processor)
- FX-4100: $101 (down from $112)
- A8 3870K Black Edition: $101 (down from $112)
- A8 3850: $91 (down from $101)
- A6 3670K Black Edition: $80 (down from $96)
- A6 3650: $77 (down from $91)
- A6 3500: $67 (down from $71)
- A4 3400: $48 (down from $57)
- A4 300: $46 (down from $53)
That's a lot of price cuts. See anything that floats your boat?