iPod nano Catches Fire in Man’s Pocket (?)

iPod nano Catches Fire in Man’s Pocket (?)

There have been plenty of recalls and stories about laptop and cell phone batteries (think Sony --- ouch, and Nokia, recently) either overheating or igniting, but we've never heard of an MP3 player doing this before.

Danny Williams says his 1 1/2 year old iPod nano caught fire in his pocket. A local TV station caught the news, and posted a rather sensationalistic story.

There's a full news video at the linked site. Hilariously, the news anchor calls the nano a "nana" (channeling her grandmother?).  The statement made by Williams' mother makes one wonder how long it will be before a lawsuit is filed.
0
+ -

technological glitches, this is not going to stop the apple "mania" that has brought the company such much success. unless Microsoft come out with a buy an ipod and catch on fire campaing :p <-- sounds like i might email bill gate on that one :p

0
+ -

Guess money's not the only thing burnin holes in people's pockets these days!

Login or Register to Comment
Post a Comment
Username:   Password: