Velocity Micro Rolls Out Ivy Bridge Desktops Starting at $849

Intel's Ivy Bridge train is rolling down the tracks at full speed and all the big name boutique system builders are jumping on board. Count Velocity Micro among them. As of early this morning, Velocity Micro began selling three desktop lines infused with Ivy Bridge: Raptor Z90, Edge Z40, and Vector Z20.

"Intel’s 3rd Generation Core Processors are a perfect fit to Velocity Micro’s enthusiast mentality as we continue to strive to build the best finely crafted desktops, tablets, and peripherals on the market,” said Randy Copeland, President and CEO of Velocity Micro. “The speed and power efficiency of these new processors will be a huge hit with our customers."

Starting at $849, the Vector Z20 is the least expensive system in Velocity Micro's lineup that's Ivy Bridge-ready, and another $170 upfront upgrades the default Pentium G620 processor to an Intel Core i5 3450 processor. Other baseline specs include a 700W power supply, Intel H67-based motherboard, 4GB of DDR3-1333 memory, integrated graphics, 500GB hard drive (7200 RPM), GbE LAN, keyboard/mouse, and Windows 7 Home Premium all wrapped in Velocity Micro's mATX MX2-W Silver chassis.
Comments
ZTimpson 2 years ago

Intel’s 3rd Generation Core Processors are definately here! the growth of technology always gets me excited. can't wait to see where we are at in 10 years!

..... who likes the velocitys? Are they a good product?

bigkihd 2 years ago

Technology is great, although mine are older I own 2 Velocity Micro Edge Z40's,... maybe its time for me to upgrade? ;)

I have nothing but great things to say about these 2 machines, check them out.

ZTimpson 2 years ago

haha ya it might be time for an upgrade:D

bigkihd 2 years ago

Yeah ZTimpson, I will be getting the newer Z40, mine is using the old EVGA X58M board, its been a great system but I read that these newer Z77 chipset and processors take much less power. If I calculate it correctly I'd end up saving, plus I can use it as an excuse with the wife to buy some newer VM Edge Z40's, haha.

ZTimpson 2 years ago

Rofl, ya i have read some great reviews on them.

pwrntspd 2 years ago

Ive never heard of Veloicity Micro, are they relatively new to the boutique comp. space?

bigkihd 2 years ago

I didn't know they were around that long, but no, they've been around for a while, since 92 the site says

I heard about them form reviews on PCMag and CNET

rapid1 2 years ago

Seems every OEM main stream or specialized is on this train. I am glad to see VM (VelocityMicro) listed as they make solid equipment generally and are not over priced. I don't know personally though. I get it I have been around since this whole home PC thing started and it is all about performance etc. etc.. Really though the lst 3 generations of INTEL chips all I really see that is exciting to me has been the build size decrease as performance wise the difference has been minimal. We seem to be in a flat area of the performance arena of technology where everything is kind of beyond the envelope. It is exciting to me more because when we break into the next stage is always when we get all new toys that we have never had before.

Oh and Velocity Micro has been around longer than many of you have been out of diapers lol.

"Velocity Micro traces its origins to 1992 when Randy Copeland began designing and producing high-performance computer systems to run CAD software and other demanding applications."

Jaspoo 2 years ago

Velocity micro is really not that great, I don’t know why you guys are giving them all this praise. They are overpriced for what you get and I like to customize my pc with the parts that I want. Velocity micro dosent give much of any options when it comes to customizing your pc.

Your very limited in the parts you can select. You have your choice of 2 motherboards that’s it, you have to use the memory they have which is expensive corsair vengeance memory. , You cant even choose a full tower case there still using those old modified Lian li cases with the power supply on the top. They wont even use new Lian li cases that’s just laziness.

bigkihd 2 years ago

Yeah their cases are a bit old, but they work incredibly well, I can tell you first hand, and this is why I will be buying 2 more very soon.

Why do you need more that 2 motherboards if they are good motherboards, some people just want to complain just to complain, but hey, thanks to the 1st for that right and thank god they haven't taken that away.

Rapid1, I totally agree with you, they are awesome, and they always stay on top of things. I didnt realize they were around that long until I looked it up for pwrntspd.

I found them a few years back on PCMag and CNET, when I thought about again just looking it up, it turns out they did a review already with Ivy Bridge, real nice, I am reconsidering a Z90 instead of a Z40, hahah.

Check it out.