StarCraft II Gaming Surfaces Exemplify Geek Lust

With Blizzcon generating all sorts of buzz right now, SteelSeries has selected the perfect time to introduce its new Blizzard Entertainment co-branded gaming surface. The new mousepad, which was obviously designed specifically for gamers, is titled StarCraft QcK Limited Edition, and it's actually just one of a series of new surfaces with stunning artwork from the famed StarCraft universe.

“StarCraft and its expansion have together sold more than 11 million copies worldwide, and we believe StarCraft II will prove equally influential and popular, making this a great opportunity to provide gamers with surfaces that help to improve performance and game play,” said Brian Stech, SteelSeries President of the Americas. “We are incredibly excited to have an opportunity to continue our partnership with the designers from Blizzard Entertainment and develop surfaces that we know StarCraft players will enjoy.”

The SteelSeries QcK Limited Edition Terran Marine and Kerrigan vs. Zeratul gaming surfaces are crafted from high-end cloth and optimized for extra glide. The special surface graphic on each mousepad depicts characters from the upcoming StarCraft II, which will pick up where the events of StarCraft: Brood War left off, following familiar characters and new heroes through the next chapter of the series’ epic story.

The gaming surfaces will be available in July 2009 and will be sold for $14.99 from GameStop and Amazon.

Via:  Business Wire
Comments
mentaldisorder 5 years ago

This is wonderful and all but where's the beta?  This game is rolling along like Duke Nukem.

digitaldd 5 years ago

I saw a few gameplay videos on G4TV on demand. They looked way cool. but yeah a beta would be great.

5ylver 5 years ago

[quote user="mentaldisorder"]

Maybe... but Blizzard likes to put a lot of time into perfecting their game. I would rather them take forever and have a near perfect game, then to have it come out too early and have 40 patches within the first week and still not be as good as if they took the time to tweak it before release. But yes, I want a beta. Big Smile

I cannot wait for this game, I still play SC to this day, I just hope that SC2 is as good if not better.. Sometimes, too much hype will hurt a game more then anything.

mentaldisorder 5 years ago

You do know that they are releasing each race separately right? In my book that is not even remotely close to near perfect...

5ylver 5 years ago

Yeah... But I would rather see 3 cheaper games, and have them still be 30 missions each, then to see one 60$ game with 10 missions for each race. Now, if all three games are upwards of 40$ I may have an issue with that, but I will still probably buy them all. Indifferent

That may not be the best delivery of the game, but I can bet that Blizzard will have a good majority of the kinks worked out before a release date is actually made (and kept).

Another thing is that Blizzard keeps their games in their minds (and the money in their pockets) forever. I heard a new patch is coming out for Diablo 2, for example..

5ylver 5 years ago