Sapphire Claims Its New HD 6950 Toxic Edition Card is Tops

Sapphire today announced its HD 6950 Toxic Edition graphics card, calling it "the fastest production card in its class." To back up that claim, Sapphire set the graphics engine at 880MHz and the 2GB of onboard memory at 1330MHz for an effecitive 5.2Gb/s of bandwidth. According to Sapphire, it took more than ordinary reference parts to make it's the Toxic Edition card the fastest HD 6950 out there.

"This has been achieved by building the card on a high specification PCB with digital VRMs for excellent power regulation and 8+6 pin power connectors," Sapphire explains. "It has a high performance cooler featuring a Vapor Chamber, blower fan, and a new perforated backplate to increase airflow out of the system case."

For overclockers, Sapphire equipped its card with a dual-BIOS so you can experiment without fear of being up a creek without a paddle. To help you do that, Sapphire offers its TriXX overclocking tool as a free download.

No word yet on price or availability.
Via:  Sapphire
Comments
OptimusPrimeTime 3 years ago

"Looks Wicked, I wonder if it can Flash to a 6970"

-Optimus

realneil 3 years ago

[quote user="OptimusPrimeTime"]I wonder if it can Flash to a 6970[/quote]

Older 6950's will do it, but the newer ones don't, from what I'm hearing around the web.

ThunderBird 3 years ago

Yea it does look aggressive.

LBowen 3 years ago

Guy reminds me of Dr. Manhattan, looking forward to benchmarks.

fat78 3 years ago

pretty cool

(Unrelated) I like the new mobile web page, somewhat easier to read articles.

omegadraco 3 years ago

It looks "toxic" :) I want...

rrplay 3 years ago

Really a sweet move to include dual bios just in case the OC adventure gets a bit outta hand. & some pretty innovative features too ! aka the Vapor Chill to exhaust out the back of the chassis. going to have to see the review, OC ,temps, etc on this one a bit later

SMartinez 3 years ago

From what I understand the dual bios includes the bios to the 6970, Seeing as how this card has both a Six and Eight pin connector it would seem that this is essentially just a 6970 with shaders disabled.

realneil 3 years ago

[quote user="SMartinez"]From what I understand the dual bios includes the bios to the 6970[/quote]

You're right.   Several NewEgg reviews state that the card's dual Bios has one Bios set to HD6950 specs, and the other is already set to a HD6970. Just flip the switch and turn it on.

READ MORE HERE

Nice feature to have if you ask me, and in effect, your getting  the faster card for less money. Wilted Flower

nhwynter 3 years ago

That card does look sweet.. However, I am wondering when the PCI-E 3.0 Cards will start rolling out..

realneil 3 years ago

[quote user="nhwynter"]That card does look sweet.. However, I am wondering when the PCI-E 3.0 Cards will start rolling out.[/quote]

That's a good question,.......They're not saying much about PCI-E 3.0 capable video cards these days, but a lot of the newest motherboards have PCI-E 3.0 capability already. Double the bandwidth sounds sweet to me.