Homer Simpson Comes To TomTom's iPhone GPS App

TomTom has managed to solicit all sorts of voices for their GPS boxes, but if you just haven't found one hilarious enough for you yet, this might just do the trick. Fresh out of Springfield, Homer Simpson becomes the latest character to have a voice on TomTom's GPS family, but only if you've got the iPhone app. TomTom's iPhone GPS app was the first major navigation app for iOS years ago, and now it's being updated with a bit of comedy.

Developed in partnership with Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products (FCP), The Gracie Films Worldwide Brand Division and Locutio Voice Technologies, the original Homer Simpson voice (recorded by Dan Castellaneta), for TomTom’s range of personal navigation devices is now available for $5.99 for use on your TomTom App for iPhone in the U.S., marking the first time a celebrity voice has ever been available for mobile phone based GPS.

The original Homer Simpson voice for the TomTom App for iPhone comes with all the latest maps (TomTom version 1.7), which means drivers not only receive Homer’s own special words of wisdom, such as “Woo Hoo! You have reached your destination, and you can hold your head up high, because you are a genius!” but also the latest TomTom map store on board their iPhone. Worth the six bucks to have Homer tell you which way to go? Your call!

Via:  Business Wire
Tags:  Apple, iPhone, GPS, App, TomTom, ios
Comments
AKwyn 3 years ago

Seems like TomTom has redefined the GPS, soon every GPS system will come with a hilarious voice; designed specifically to get you to your situation will still finding the time to do wacky accents and observational humor.

Also, D'oh!

jonation 3 years ago

I've always wanted Samuel L. Jackson - "turn left muthaf@ker"

omegadraco 3 years ago

Instead of recalculating!!! you will hear DOH!

herlof 3 years ago

hahaaha i will like to hear saying ouch!!! make a u turn and woo hoo!!! will be awesome and whats up guys with android phones don't forget about us

AKwyn 3 years ago

[quote user="herlof"]hahaaha i will like to hear saying ouch!!! make a u turn and woo hoo!!! will be awesome[/quote]

I don't know, too much woo hoo could be a turn off, though he could say it when he reaches his destination.

Anyway, I'm guessing him to be in the role of an unsure navigator who is somewhat confident in his ability to lead the driver there but still has a heavily visible amount of unsurity.

Also, I'd enjoy it if he'd say "Awwww!!!" whenever the driver gets stuck in a traffic jam and criticize the traffic for going too slow, just a thought.

JOMA 3 years ago

Oh, that is simply awesome. I'll have to look into the standalone GPS with the voice. May need to upgrade my Garmin.

rrplay 3 years ago

Donuts. Is there anything they can't do?

rrplay 3 years ago

I'm in no condition to drive...wait! I shouldn't listen to myself, I'm drunk!

deadmanet 3 years ago

When I get to where I'm going, I can just hear Homer congratulating himself for leading me there.

"I am so smart, I am so smart! s. m. r. t. I mean, s. m. a. r. t."

inspector 3 years ago

HAHA, i would love to have this, would be a funny ride. i would find my self giggling every time it gives directions :D

HHGrrl 3 years ago

Nothing like making your drive a little more entertaining!