Windows 8.1 Is Up For Preorder, Get It While It’s Hot

Windows 8.1 won’t officially be out until October 17th, but Microsoft has made its boxed software available for preorder now, for those who can’t wait to wait to order their own copy. Microsoft Windows 8.1 costs $119, and the Pro version will run you $199.99.

One notable change with this generation of Windows is that Microsoft is only selling two versions of the software, which will make things a little easier on consumers, especially as most will just need the regular Windows 8.1.

Microsoft Windows 8.1 and Windows 8.1 Pro

Much has been made of Windows 8.1 and it’s potential to fix the problems of Windows 8; we’ve covered the changes in some detail, ourselves. In any case, Microsoft is surely hoping that consumers will like this update better than the original launch of Windows 8.

Microsoft Windows 8.1

Microsoft Windows 8.1

Microsoft Windows 8.1

Both Windows 8.1 and Windows 8.1 Pro will be available as of October 18th--a day after the update comes to systems already running Windows 8--so if you want to be able to install your copy then, you might want to go ahead and order the software now.
Via:  Microsoft
Comments
DavidWebb1 one year ago

Is it backwards compatible with Windows XP software? (no?) Does it include a new interface with desktop and stat button? (no?) Does it cost over $100 for a FULL version? (no?) Will I be buying it anytime soon? NO!

NicoPetrauschke one year ago

for windows 8 user as a free update hehe ;)

NicoPetrauschke one year ago

or buy windows 8 for 49€ and update it to 8.1 ;)

marco c one year ago

Wow, David. Talk about misinformed. Holy cow.

DanBorin one year ago

how about no and Ill stick to windows 7

RWilliams one year ago

Can't wait for it to get here. I'm just wondering why Microsoft decided to hold-off for so long when the code has been done for a while. At least release it to those who have 8.0 installed!

CarlAdkins one year ago

Vista or 7 here 8 is not user friendly at all

RandyMorningstar one year ago

AHAHAHA...Buying Windows. Good joke.

MattAdams one year ago

lol..no

and another lol @the person here in the comments mentioning Windows Vista. xD

shadizzle one year ago

I just cant get into this OS...

ChristopherWetmore one year ago

I think Ubuntu did a better version of "reinventing the desktop" than MS. Apple did it best, though.

CliffVincent one year ago

how is 8 any better than 7? 7 is only better than xp because of its higher ram capabilities

Sevags one year ago

I will be pre-ordering... My MacBook Air arrives next week and I plan to be running win8.1 out of the box (yes I know I have to load OS X before I can install 8.1 through bootcamp, it's a small price to pay). I'm just confused about which version to get, it will be heavily used at work where all computers must be on our network to be able to do things like print and access folders and data on our servers which means I need Pro but I think our IT department isn't allowing personal computers on the network (he's a d!@? which is why I can't ask him because the answer will be "no" even if I can use my own device) but if that's the case and I need authorization first I won't get it and would have paid extra for Pro for nothing.

I already own a copy of windows7 but in 8.1 with the ability to boot into desktop mode and never use the metro interface (I will still occasionally make use of it) I don't see why I wouldn't want a faster more efficient and better at gaming OS vs 7. I love 7 but let's face it if you ignore Metro then 8/8.1 is better performance wise than 7.

detnight one year ago

Bought my wife a new computer that came with win8 and she did not like it at all and told me to take the computer back. Ordered and a new copy of win7 and now we are both very happy