Corsair Launches TX950W PSU

Corsair launches 950 Watt power supply for gamers and PC enthusiasts

Corsair TX950W raises the bar for high-quality, affordable power supplies, thanks to massive 78A +12V rail, NVIDIA SLI and ATI Crossfire support and 80 PLUS Bronze certification

FREMONT, Calif., Oct. 6, 2009 - Corsair, a worldwide leader in high performance memory and computer products, today announced the launch of the Corsair TX950W power supply unit (PSU), the latest addition to the award-winning TX-series of high-quality PSUs.

The TX950W has been designed to meet the demanding requirements of PC enthusiasts, creative professionals and gamers. The TX950W is built using industrial-grade components to ensure clean and stable voltages, and has been qualified to operate at 100% load at an ambient temperature of 50°C for unmatched reliability.

The Corsair TX950W boasts a dedicated +12V rail capable of delivering 78A (936W), which equates to 98.5% of the PSU’s total power output. This makes it ideal for extreme, multi-GPU gaming systems using the latest multi-core CPUs, such as Intel Core i5 and Core i7-series, all of which require high amounts of stable power at 12V.

"Corsair’s TX650W, TX750W, and TX850W PSUs have dominated the market by offering superior performance and quality at affordable prices," said Jim Carlton, Vice President of Marketing at Corsair. "The TX950W raises the bar even higher, thanks to 80 PLUS Bronze efficiency, low noise, and output that’s capable of reliably powering even the most demanding Dream PCs."

Thanks to the 80 PLUS Bronze certification, which guarantees at least 85% energy efficiency at typical load levels, the TX950W produces minimal waste heat and is extremely quiet. The high-quality 140mm cooling fan remains at its minimum speed until approximately 65% of the PSU’s total load. Six 6+2-pin PCI-E cables are provided and the TX950W has been thoroughly tested for compatibility with NVIDIA SLI and ATI Crossfire solutions. The TX950W also boasts extra-long cables to support full-tower chassis.

The Corsair TX950W is available immediately from retailers and e-tailers, and is backed by a five-year warranty and comprehensive customer support via telephone, email, forum and the Tech Support Express helpdesk.

Via:  Corsair
Comments
mentaldisorder 5 years ago

Sounds like a nice psu, am I to assume that there is one rail? In general though, 78A on a 12v rail is pretty insane. When would you use that much?

3vi1 5 years ago

>> In general though, 78A on a 12v rail is pretty insane. When would you use that much?

To power a subway car? :)

Black and yellow... that thing looks dangerous, in a cool kind of way.

Soupstyle 5 years ago

Black and yellow, makes me think there is a danger high voltage tag on there somewhere.

That or it will ooze honey, maybe I'll get one if I get free honey!

Fudge 5 years ago

It's only 8 amps more on the 12v rail compared to the TX850, and yes there is only one rail. However, if the pricing is done right, this will be another excellent one from Corsair.

You would use that much with say.. two 4870X2 or GTX 295s and maybe an overclocked i7?

gibbersome 5 years ago

Waay overkill for most people. But yes, this would run 2 GTX295's pretty comfortably. Also burn a tiny hole in your wallet for electricity bill.

Dave_HH 5 years ago

Corsair PSUs have been VERY good to us in the lab. Good stuff!

bob_on_the_cob 5 years ago

[quote user="Dave_HH"]

Corsair PSUs have been VERY good to us in the lab. Good stuff!

Yeah I have a 550 modular Corsair power supply and I love it.

gibbersome 5 years ago

Oh yes. Corsair is a very reliable brand for PSU's. When doing a build, the PSU and the case are the two most overlooked components. Never ever skimp on the PSU, and a case with good airflow with prolong the life of your more expensive parts.

3vi1 5 years ago

True dat.

I remember doing my first couple of builds, I'd buy these "great" sale cases for $30-$40, including the PSU.

What I learned from that is: Be prepared to replace the "great" PSU in two months, and only the PSU if you're lucky.

Kyouya 5 years ago

"Corsair PSUs have been VERY good to us in the lab. Good stuff!" ----> Well noted. I'll keep that in mind when I am building a new desktop computer in the very near future.

realneil 5 years ago

I have an 850Watt Corsair that looks just like this one sitting on a shelf that I bought thinking that I needed it. I've since replaced it with a Rosewill 650 that powers the same computer without any problems and uses far less electricity.

I'll keep it around as a temporary replacement PSU and only use it for as long as it takes to buy another smaller one.

I don't imagine having a system that actually needs that much juice for some time to come.

EDIT: Boy did I misspeak!

It's an Antec 850Watt PSU on the shelf and I replaced it with a Rosewill 400Watt PSU!

It's hell getting old,..

marco c 5 years ago

realneil, using a lower wattage PSU doesn't mean you use less power. The components in the system are going to draw the same amount of power, regardless of the PSU being used. In a fact, you're probably using more power with the Rosewill PSU because it is likely less efficient than the higher-quality Antec unit.

nelsoncp21 5 years ago

Very nice PSU. Corsair seems to be on the ball with them as of late. Ya'll seriously think this baby would power (2) 295's with ease.