Asus' EEE Pad Transformer Makes Appearance On BestBuy.com

Although a definite price and release date have yet to be announced, the Asus EEE Pad Transformer recently made a brief appearance on BestBuy.com. A short time later, the page was pulled from the site. While the page was available, it showed a price of $399.99, which would make it $100 cheaper than the least expensive iPad 2 and $200 less than the Motorola Xoom, which is currently the only Android 3.0 tablet on the market.

Asus announced the EEE Pad Transformer tablet at CES in January. At the time, Asus promised the tablet would make its debut in the spring for a price somewhere between $400 and $700 depending on the version purchased. As its name alludes, the transformer will feature a keyboard dock. It's important to note that this dock will cost extra since it's an optional extra (rumors suggest a dock price of $149).

The EEE Pad Transformer will run Android 3.0 and will sport a dual-core Tegra 2 processor and a 10.1-inch IPS display with a 1,280x800-pixel resolution.

Via:  Engadget
Comments
DeltaSquad49 3 years ago

If this goes for $400, I might have to save up for one! I think this can really compare to the ipad 2 and even kills the Archos tablets (sorry).

BMiddleton 3 years ago

I will by as soon as it is available. I would have bought the Moto Xoom if it were not over priced. The fact that the Archos tablet is not a capacitive screen and is locked to the general android market means I will not be purchasing any of their products anytime soon.

pwrntspd 3 years ago

Awesome...but i think ill wait for the next tegra, its not quite where id like it to be especially if its powering a 1280X800 display. But...you have my attention ASUS...

HHGrrl 3 years ago

This definitely has my attention. The price is reasonable, and the keyboard dock gives even more functionality, even if it does cost a bit extra for the dock.

herlof 3 years ago

i prefer the eee pas 121 with i5 intel and 4 gb of ram sick!!!!

LLeCompte 3 years ago

i kinda want one and i think it could give the ipad a nice run.

Drake_McNasty 3 years ago

I like the idea of this and I really like the price if it is indeed 400. I'm a fan of keyboards for typing emails and such. i still want to see what the hp does though. I'd like to play with webOS before I make a decision.

rapid1 3 years ago

I agree with the keyboard thing. One major fall back with a slate type unit is the touch keyboard to me. Yes it is cool, but I have been sitting here for over an hour with my keyboard in my lap to. How would that have been with a touch interface? For one thing it would have gotten hot, and it would be worn it would seem as well as being affected by constant touching etc. I personally like a hard keyboard as well as am much faster typing with one.