Latest News - May 2017
- Qualcomm Seeks US Import Ban On Apple iPhones As Legal Showdown Escalates
- ‘Smurfs 2’ Emerges On Torrent Sites As First Pirated UHD Blu-ray Movie
- Sophisticated Google Docs Phishing Scam Targets Millions Of Gmail Users
- AMD Radeon RX Vega Specs Leak Highlights 4096 Stream Processors, 8GB HMB2 And Over 12 TFLOPs
- 92% Off An Ethical Hacker Bonus e-Learning Bundle In The HotHardware Shop
- Nadella Says Microsoft Will Make More Windows Phones But They'll Be Totally Different
- Micron Launches SolidScale NVMe Over Fiber Shared SSD Array Architecture
- Facebook Adds 3,000 Moderators To Screen Violent Live Videos And Hate Speech
- Hulu Live TV Streaming Service Brings 50 Channels And Cloud DVR For $40
- Google Chrome 58 Will Automatically Migrate Supported Users To 64-bit Branch
- Hot Deals On A Lenovo ThinkPad Edge, Rosewill Modular PSU, An RGB Mechanical Keyboard, And More
- Microsoft Empowers Surface And Windows 3D Mixed Reality Experiences For Education
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Attributes iPhone 8 Rumors To Lower Global iPhone Demand
- Microsoft’s Surface Arc Mouse Is A Stylish Companion For Surface Laptop
All News for May 2017
The ongoing dispute between Apple and Qualcomm is heating up in a big way. These two companies have been arguing over licensing fees and rebates, with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) getting involved earlier this year. As the squabble continues... Read more...
Sony Pictures may be feeling a little blue about UHD Blu-ray. The Smurfs 2 just emerged on a torrent site and could have the distinction of being the first pirated UHD Blu-ray film (without the use of screen capturing tools). The Smurfs 2 was... Read more...
Every savvy computer user knows to be wary of things like email attachments and hyperlinked text, especially (though not solely) when receiving an unexpected communication. It does not matter if the communication comes from a trusted source or not... Read more...
Just as Ryzen made AMD competitive in the high-end processor market for the first time in about a decade, there is an expectation that the company's forthcoming Vega launch will do the same in the... Read more...
It’s you’ve ever wanted to get into the world of Ethical Hacking, and learn the ins and outs of network security, we’ve got a deal running in the HotHardware Shop that may be right for you. An Ethical Hacker Bonus e-Learning Bundle is currently... Read more...
Let’s face it, Microsoft’s decision to purchase Nokia’s Devices and Services division was an epic fail. The acquisition resulted in billions of losses, plummeting market share for Microsoft’s smartphone operating system, and the laying off of... Read more...
Over the past decade, solid state drives (SSDs) have matured from a product that while faster than hard drives, were too expensive for mainstream consumers to a storage medium that we simply take for granted — especially in notebook systems. SSD... Read more...
Over the last handful of months, Facebook has been working aggressively to tackle some important issues with the service, some of which are mere annoyances, and others more severe in nature. On one hand, for example, the company aims to eradicate... Read more...
With so many people choosing to “cut the cord” these days, the number of streaming services being offered to fill the gap has exploded in recent years. The latest player to throw its hat in the ring is Hulu, which today is launching the beta for its... Read more...
Are you still partying like it's 1999 on a 32-bit browser? Pshaw! To borrow a line for Weird Al Yankovic, "What kinda chip you got in there, a Dorito?" Well, Google is having none of it. Users running Chrome on a 64-bit Windows system with at least... Read more...
Welcome back for the latest edition of HOT deals! There’s lots of good stuff currently discounted, including a Skylake-based Lenovo notebook, an 850W modular PSU from Rosewill, a KrBn Mechanical... Read more...
We are on the precipice of some exciting things thanks to the introduction of virtual reality, augmented reality, and mixed reality into the mainstream. Much of the attention early on has been focused on gaming, with the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive... Read more...
Apple announced its fiscal Q2 2017 earnings yesterday, and the company reported $52.9 billion in revenue against a Wall Street consensus of $53.1 billion. The company also experienced a downturn in iPhone sales, as it shipped 50.8 million units for... Read more...
Microsoft had a lot to talk about when introducing a new Surface Laptop and specialized version of Windows 10 called Windows 10 S. With so much to discuss and Surface boss Panos Panay at one point saying he was running behind, Microsoft ran out of... Read more...