Latest News - August 2019
- Microsoft Announces Surface Event For October 2, Radical Dual Screen Windows Lite Device Rumored
- TSMC Slams Meritless GlobalFoundries IP Suit As Patent Troll Money Grab
- 3DMark Variable Rate Shading Test Shows Big Performance Gains On NVIDIA, Intel GPUs, AMD Won't Run
- Overwatch Fans Spot Curious Listing On Amazon Hinting At A Nintendo Switch Port
- Original Google Chromecast No Longer Receiving Major Updates 6 Years After Launch
- Windows 10 Version 1909 Hits Release Preview For Insiders With 'Throttled Delivery'
- Fortnite Season X Brings The Mayhem With Borderlands 3 Crossover Event
- Lenovo Cranks Out L13 Yoga, L13, And T490 Laptops With Intel 10th Gen Comet Lake
- Lenovo's ThinkPad X1 Carbon And Yoga Refreshed With Snappy 6-Core Intel Comet Lake
- Mario Kart Tour Launch Date Set For September 25 On Android And iOS
- ASUS ZenBook Pro Duo Dual 4K Touch Display Laptop Like Nothing You've Seen Is Available
- Free Windows 7 Extended Security Updates Offered To Select Microsoft Enterprise Subscribers
- Scientist Argues Cyborgs Will Eventually Replace Humans As Rulers Of The World
- GlobalFoundries Slaps TSMC With Patent Suit Seeking Ban On Apple, NVIDIA, Qualcomm Chips
All News for August 2019
We now have an official date for Microsoft's Surface event, and it will be held just over a month from now on October 2nd in New York City. Although the invite that Microsoft sent out to the press makes no mention of what devices will be on the docket during the event, we have a pretty good idea about what might be... Read more...
GlobalFoundries rocked the tech industry yesterday when it announced that it had filed multiple lawsuits in the United States and in Germany alleging patent infringement abuses by Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC) and its partners/customers. At the heart of the lawsuits are 16 patents covering 28nm... Read more...
UL Benchmarks (formerly known as Futuremark) has added a new Variable Rate Shading (VRS) test to its popular 3DMark benchmarking suite, and it is now available to the public. The new test taps into a feature of Microsoft's DirectX 12 API that allows developers to improve performance by selectively reducing the level... Read more...
There is reason to believe Blizzard Entertainment may be prepping a port of Overwatch over to the Nintendo Switch, and soon. Otherwise, the recent discovery of a short-lived listing on Amazon for an Overwatched-themed case for the Switch makes little sense, especially if, as the listing claimed, it's a licensed... Read more...
It may be hard to believe, but it's been six year since Google first released its Chromecast streaming dongle. With the device plugged into a spare HDMI port on the back of your TV, you can easily "cast" content like movies and TV shows wirelessly from your smartphone. However, six years is a long time --... Read more...
The next major update to Windows 10 is right around the corner, though there are still a few coats of polish Microsoft wants to apply before it goes public. In the meantime, Microsoft is testing a "throttled approach" to its eventual roll out. As such, a small subset of participants in the Windows Insider program can... Read more...
The Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) might be in a bit of disarray with Spider-Man's departure, but for fans of Fortnite, there is another crossover to keep an eye on. Epic Games is bringing a bit of Borderlands flair to its wildly popular Fortnite game, as part of its v10.20 update, otherwise known as Season X... Read more...
Lenovo has tossed several new notebook computers onto the market, and the new ThinkPad T490 is among them. This machine can be fitted with up to 10th gen Intel Core i7 processors. The T490 is a relatively svelte machine measuring in at just 17.9mm thick, and with a starting weight of 3.2 pounds. Buyers can choose from... Read more...
It was just a week ago when we posted out review of the 7th generation ThinkPad X1 Carbon notebook. Technology moves fast, however, and Lenovo has already announced a refreshed model with Intel's latest 10th generation Core processors. However, we're not talking about Intel's 10nm Ice Lake parts, but instead the... Read more...
Nintendo fans wanting a new game to play on their iPhone or Android device will be glad to hear that Mario Kart Tour finally has a launch date. The game will land for both platforms on September 25. The launch date for the game was tipped by the game's Apple App Store page and by tweets from Nintendo. The game will... Read more...
In May, Asus pulled the wraps off a very cool laptop computer at Computex called the ZenBook Pro Duo (UX581). The big feature of that machine was the full-width 14-inch 4K ScreenPad Plus touchscreen sitting under the display, above the keyboard. When the machine was announced, the two big mysteries were the launch... Read more...
After an epic run, extended support for Windows 7 comes to an end on January 14th, 2020... or does it? According to an updated support document on Microsoft's website, it isn't quite ready to pull the plug on Windows 7 support for its business customers, and in some cases will actually provide that support for... Read more...
How long will human beings be the dominant species on the planet? One scientist argues that the reign of humans is coming to an end. Dr. James Lovelock recently contended that humans will be overcome and replaced by cyborgs. Dr. James Lovelock detailed the fall of humanity and the rise of cyborgs in his most recent... Read more...
It looks like we have another patent fight brewing in the tech world, and this time the battle is between Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC) and GlobalFoundries. The latter has filed multiple lawsuits against the former, alleging infringement on 16 patents. GlobalFoundries filed the lawsuits with the... Read more...