Latest News - August 2019
- 2.5 Geeks Podcast 8/16/19: AMD vs Intel, Custom Radeon Navi GPUs, Ice Lake Benchmarks, EPYC & More!
- Serious Bluetooth Security Vulnerability Could Leave Millions Of Devices Open To Attacks
- Google Says Too Many Stubborn People Are Using Compromised Passwords In Chrome
- Epic Explains Why It Added Overpowered Mechs To Fortnite, But Will Gamers Be Satisfied?
- 85 Sneaky Adware Apps Racked Up 8 Million Cumulative Downloads From Google Play
- Oh Great, Microsoft's Important Windows 10 Update Might Be Causing Some PCs To Crash
- Microsoft Downplays Rumors Of Streaming-Only Xbox Project Scarlett Gaming Console
- Apple 128GB iPad Hits Low $299, 11-inch iPad Pro 256GB Discounted By $325 With These Hot Deals
- NVIDIA Shares Soar On Earnings Beat And Booming GeForce RTX Demand
- Motorola Moto One Action Brings Welcome Death Knell To Vertical Smartphone Videos
- AIDA64 Changelog Suggests Another NVIDIA GeForce RTX Super Card May Be Coming
- Here's How To Unlock GTA Online's Casino Secret Mission By Getting Hammered At The Bar
- This Virtualized Version Of iOS Is So Good Apple Wants To Sue It Out Of Existence
- Fortnite Rift Beacon Materializes At Soccer Stadium As Season 10 Heats Up
All News for August 2019
On this episode of HotHardware's Two And A Half Geeks webcast, Marco and Dave discuss our AMD vs Intel Architecture IPC Shootout evaluation, PowerColor's custom Radeon RX 5700 XT Red Devil Navi graphics card we have here on review, Intel 10nm Ice Lake Benchmarks, BEAST 64-core AMD EPYC processors, Toshiba's tiny BG4... Read more...
Is your Bluetooth connection secure? Researchers recently discovered a Bluetooth vulnerability that could allow hackers to intercept and manipulate a user’s communications. The researchers tested and found seventeen vulnerable Bluetooth chips in devices from companies such as Intel, Apple, Lenovo, and Qualcomm. The... Read more...
Security-conscious Chrome users will want to download the Password Checkup extension to have it check over their passwords. The extension has reportedly found that 1.5% of all website logins are using compromised credentials. The figure is even higher for porn websites. The extension launched earlier this year, and... Read more...
If you've been following the Fortnite scene for the past few weeks, then you know what the hot topic of discussion is right now. We of course are talking about the B.R.U.T.E. mechs that were introduced in Season 10. These two-person war machines are outfitted with sturdy armor, shotguns, missile launchers and can dish... Read more...
It seems as though every few weeks that we hear about a new Android malware or adware scheme that has invaded the Google Play Store. Unfortunately, we today have to report on yet another adware scheme that was uncovered by the security gurus over at Trend Micro. The adware has been identified as... Read more...
Due to the inclusion of some important security patches, it is in your best interest to apply Microsoft's latest Patch Tuesday update as soon as possible. At the same time, some users have reported issues getting it to install, while others are blaming the update for borking their PC, saying it is causing random... Read more...
Do not hold your breath waiting for a version of Project Scarlett built exclusively for streaming. Xbox boss Phil Spencer threw cold water on what was becoming a hot rumor, fueled in large part by comments he previously made regarding the company's future console plans. As it stands, Project Scarlett will stick to the... Read more...
If you're in the market for a new tablet, Best Buy is running some rather remarkable deals on consumer and professional tablets from Apple. Both the standard 9.7-inch iPad and the 11-inch iPad Pro are available with a steep discount with free shipping or free in-store pickup. First up is the 9.7-inch iPad, which... Read more...
Shares of NVIDIA jumped by more than 8 percent in early morning today, the result of renewed confidence by investors following the company's latest earnings report. While the numbers are still down overall from last year, NVIDIA's performance in the second quarter shows it is finally starting to recover from the... Read more...
Motorola has a history of delivering Android smartphones that are packed with features, but don't break the bank. The latest entry from the company is the Moto One Action, which reserves its most innovative feature for its video recording capabilities. Like many flagship smartphones available today, the Moto One... Read more...
The developers of AIDA64, a system diagnostic and auditing utility, may have tipped the pending launch of another GeForce RTX Super graphics card. While nothing is for certain, there is a curious entry in the changelog for the latest AIDA64 Extreme beta release that references an unreleased GeForce RTX built around a... Read more...
GTA Online fans have been loving the game's Diamond Casino & Resort update that brought with it gambling and general nightlife debauchery. However, players looking for something fresh to try out in terms of game objectives can head over to the bar at the casino and get hammered on shots to unlock a secret mission. All... Read more...
Apple has never taken kindly or turned a blind eye to companies that try and make copies of its devices or software. It has in the past crushed companies that were trying to make Mac clones, and Apple has now filed a lawsuit against a company called Corellium that specializes in virtualized environments and software... Read more...
Fortnite fans have been learning to play the map in Season 10 with a few changes that have been added by the game developers. One of the big changes for Season 10 has been the Rift Zones that have opened around the island. The first big Rift Zone marked the return of Dusty Depot, and then the tilted towers turned into... Read more...