January February March April May June July August September October November December
Latest News - February 2014
- Under Siege: Special Effects Studios Rise-Up Against Ruthless Industry Exploitation and Outsourcing
- A Disruptive Positive Force, The World Wide Web Turns 25
- Former Apple and Microsoft Engineers Reveal Moov Fitness Tracker, Your ‘Personal Coach’ To Up Your Game
- Behold, The Google Trends Screensaver
- Warner Bros. Secures Movie Rights For ‘Minecraft’ Big Screen Blockbuster
- Study Finds .15 Percent Of Gamers Comprise 50 Percent Of All In-Game Purchases
- Upcoming New Tony Hawk Game To Be A Mobile-Only Shred
- Windows Update 8.1 Arrives To MSDN April 2, Windows Update On April 8th Patch Tuesday
- Amazon Explores Music Streaming Service With Major Labels For Prime
- Boeing’s Secure Dual-Sim Android Phone Will Self Destruct If You Try To Open It
- Nintendo Gets Ready to Nix Online Play for Wii Console and DS Handheld
- MakerBot Taking Orders For Replicator Mini Compact 3D Printer
- ‘Mob Wives’ Actress Suing Rockstar Games Over GTA 5 For Making Character Based On Her Life
- Intel SSD 730 Series: Enthusiast Class Storage
Search 2019January February March April May June July August September October November December
All News for February 2014
Over the past 20 years, special effects houses (typically known as VFX studios) have risen from an occasional tool used in science fiction or fantasy movies to a mainstay of the entire industry. The... Read more...
As the World Wide Web rounds the quarter-century mark, the Pew Research Internet Project conducted a survey on trends surrounding the Web, what it’s made possible, and what sort of adoption it enjoys. It’s perhaps no surprise that... Read more...
Former Apple and Microsoft Engineers Reveal Moov Fitness Tracker, Your ‘Personal Coach’ To Up Your Game
It can feel like the growing cadre of wearable fitness tech is just so much noise, but some of these products will inevitably rise to the top. The Moov fitness tracker, a compact, cleanly designed... Read more...
Want to know what’s trending on Google? Now you can, with a screensaver. Google outed the nifty new tool in a Google+ post, and you can see it in action for yourself here. You can set up the look of the Google Trends screensaver in a couple of different ways. There’s a little 25-square grid in the... Read more...
Minecraft is headed to the silver screen. Warner Bros. has secured the movie rights, and the film adaption of the game will be helmed by Jon Berg, with Roy Lee producing, according to the Hollywood Reporter. The title is one of those insanely... Read more...
As any mobile user can attest, there are no shortages of free games to download from the various app market places, though many of them try to attach their tentacles to your wallet or purse through in-game purchases (some are worse about it than... Read more...
Retired pro skater Tony Hawk hinted earlier this week that there would be a new skateboarding game based on his brand, and when pressed for information, publisher Activision confirmed to media outlets that it has "something in the works," followed... Read more...
The long awaited "Update 1" to Windows 8.1 is reportedly scheduled to arrive on the MSDN channel on April 2, 2014, and via Windows Update on April 8, which is Patch Tuesday. Perhaps not coincidentally, Windows 8.1 Update 1 rolls into town just as... Read more...
Amazon's Prime service has gained a lot of traction from avid users who appreciate quick shipping and discounted overnight options, but what about the other aspects? Prime customers also have access to free books and video streaming, though outside... Read more...
Earlier this week, we talked about Geeksphone's Blackphone, a smartphone that puts privacy and security front and center. In some ways, the goals of that phone might sound a little overkill for some, but after learning about Boeing's upcoming... Read more...
Nintendo said it's planning to disconnect its Wi-Fi Connection service for Wii consoles and DS handhelds on May 20, 2014. That means no more online play, matchmaking, or leaderboards for many Wii, Nintendo DS, and DSi games. In addition, users will... Read more...
The smallest member of MakerBot’s 3D printing platform, announced at CES, is now available to order at MakerBot’s website or at one of the company’s three store locations in New York, Boston, and Greenwich, CT. The Replicator Mini... Read more...
It's said the truth is sometimes stranger than fiction, and towards that end, the daughter of a mafia kingpin is accusing Rockstar Games of having used her story without her permission in Grand Theft... Read more...
Intel has established a strong record in the solid state storage space, dating all the way back to 2008 with its debut of the excellent X25-M series of drives. Back then, Intel upped the ante in enthusiast-targeted solid state storage, and they want... Read more...