Latest News - August 2013
- Google Acquires WIMM Labs Android Smartwatch Designer
- Pressy Adds A Customizable Button Using Your Smartphone's Headphone Jack
- Flexible OLED Displays Set for Big Market Growth in 2014, Samsung Leading Charge
- "Bandit" Phablet Could Be Nokia Lumia 1520, Here’s a Leaked Photo
- Samsung Galaxy Gear Companion App Screens Leaked
- Tradehill Exchange Suspends Bitcoin Trading Over "Banking and Regulatory Issues"
- Apple To Pay Up to $280 For Your Used iPhone
- Facebook Planning To Add Your Profile Photo To Its Facial Recognition Database
- Haptix Offers 3D Multitouch Input, Now Has Virtual Keyboard Capabilities, Too
- Microsoft Looks to Carve Off a Piece of Foursquare
- Intel Planning Overclocking Feature For Solid State Drives
- Samsung Rumored to Build Next Galaxy S Smartphone with Metal Casing
- AT&T's Aio Wireless No-Contract Service Rolling Out Nationwide
- Intel Readying New Batch of Haswell Processors for September Launch
All News for August 2013
Google has gone and quietly acquired WIMM Labs, makers of the WIMM One, a smartwatch heavily geared towards developers. The company's been around for around five years, though it seemingly went dormant a year ago by deleting its Twitter account... Read more...
Although it might make smartphone hardware and UI designers feel the same way a fine chef does when a diner dumps ketchup all over their steak, there’s a smartphone add-on button in the works called Pressy that would let Android users perform... Read more...
We've been hearing about flexible display technology for a long time now, but it's yet to really penetrate the market in any kind of significant way. Eventually that's going to change, and according to IHS, Samsung will lead the charge when it... Read more...
The rumor mill has been churning lately as it pertains to Nokia products. In addition to a Nokia Windows RT tablet dubbed “Sirius”, there’s rumored to be a 6-inch phablet called “Bandit” coming, as well. We saw a leaked... Read more...
Make no mistake: the smartwatch is the next major avenue for technology companies to truly innovate and re-capture a base that has become uninterested with the saturation of me-too, high-end, spec-crazy smartphones and tablets that are flooding the... Read more...
Who could have ever guessed that a digital currency would cause so much commotion, and for so long? Well beyond the "fad" stage is Bitcoin -- a digital currency that suddenly has the investing world's attention, and even high-stakes players are... Read more...
It should come as no real surprise that Apple is finally joining the trade-in game, but what's interesting is that it's doing so in its heralded retail stores. Stores that are known for precision, and stores that produce satisfaction ratings that... Read more...
Facebook's search for new sources of revenues continues unabated -- and this time, the company wants to target your own profile phtoos for inclusion in its database. That's a change from the previous system, in which users were only scanned if other... Read more...
The Leap Motion controller has nothing on this thing; Haptix is a project that, simply put, is designed to turn any surface into a multitouch surface. (Get it? Haptics.) Ostensibly, this allows for input in more ways, and it opens up more... Read more...
Microsoft is reportedly interested in investing in Foursquare, a location-based social networking service for mobile devices that lets users "check in" at various places. However, Microsoft isn't the only that's shown interest in an equity stake, as... Read more...
It appears that Intel, long an enabler of overclocking processors, wants to overclock everything, starting with SSDs. At September’s Intel Developers Forum (IDF) in San Francisco, Intel scheduled a session that covers a number of overclocking... Read more...
Samsung's Galaxy line of smartphones are highly regarded among Android users and a large reason why the South Korean handset maker is able to give Apple a run for its money. At the same time, if there's one complaint that Samsung has yet to fully... Read more...
In a development that’s sure to turn the T-Mobile CEO's face that contested shade of magenta, AT&T announced that it’s Aio Wireless no-contract service will soon be available nationwide. Currently, Aio is available in certain markets... Read more...
Intel is reportedly going to add over a dozen new processors to its desktop Haswell line on September 1, which is just two days away at this point. That means if you're currently shopping Intel chips, you may want to wait until after the weekend to... Read more...