Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Bansisingh  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 01, 2018 10:46:32 AM(UTC)
Bansisingh

Groups: Registered

Every brand seems to have some major drawback except for Dell. Asus apparently has horrible support, Lenovo did that spyware [censored]two years ago, Huawei and Xiaomi apparently have bad support too. I've read from a few people and a support thread that the HP Envy and HP Spectre lineups have screens that spontaneously crack from defect and HP won't replace/repair them. Does anyone know how true those claims on the HP laptops are? I just want to get something that will last and have good support if I need it in case the hardware [censored]out on me.
Offline smalltalk  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 02, 2018 7:01:07 PM(UTC)
smalltalk

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: Bansisingh Go to Quoted Post
Every brand seems to have some major drawback except for Dell. Asus apparently has horrible support, Lenovo did that spyware [censored]two years ago, Huawei and Xiaomi apparently have bad support too. I've read from a few people and a support thread that the HP Envy and HP Spectre lineups have screens that spontaneously crack from defect and HP won't replace/repair them. Does anyone know how true those claims on the HP laptops are? I just want to get something that will last and have good support if I need it in case the hardware [censored]out on me.

It's really not about brand, but specific model and if you carefully search, you'll find complaint about all of them. Some are probably better, depends on the territory. Dell Latitude laptops are generally better, for example. (Business class laptops are generally better).

What exactly are you looking for?