Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline toby5  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 06, 2017 12:15:19 PM(UTC)
toby5

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
So with hurricane Harvey having just left and now Irma taking over. I'm curious if any of you think the impacts of these hurricanes are due to Global Warming? Do you think the magnitude of these things is because we are not taking care of our planet?
Offline tredeuce  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 06, 2017 2:35:09 PM(UTC)
tredeuce

I have dealt with hurricanes all my life. I do not know if global warming or climate change has anything to do with the impacts, but I think maybe they do with the severity over time. I think that humans play a big part because if you look at the biggest cities in the US and around the world, most are all near places that court disaster. Coastlines, rivers, fault lines... stuff like that. Of course, they are also the most beautiful and have the most bountiful resources and means of travel. There are a lot of places where we live, and we probably should not, but that is a whole other can of worms.
Offline toby5  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 06, 2017 3:24:55 PM(UTC)
toby5

Man
United States

I have only had to deal with one Hurricane in my lifetime and it wreaked havoc for months to come afterwards, but it just looks like the severity of these storms are very huge, much more so than usual.
Offline toby5  
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 07, 2017 10:39:47 AM(UTC)
toby5

Man
United States

So I was reading something about Global Warming heating up the ocean floor and how hurricanes thrive on warm ocean bottoms and this being a contributing factor in the power of these hurricanes. Irma has just killed 10 and made thousands homeless. This hurricane still has the states to get to as well. I wish for everyone in Fl to be ok and whether this one out.