Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline groy22799  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 11, 2017 3:19:51 PM(UTC)
groy22799

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Ok, so this is my first attempt at a PC build and it's not happening yet...no funds...but I still want to plan. To explain, my home PC situation is a little sad. I have a Dell Precision M4600 (circa 2011) that is my main PC at home. I have been wanting to replace that for some time now with a Razer Blade. Again, same problem as with the PC build...no funding. I do have a MacBook Pro that was provided for me at my job, but it is just not what I would want to use at home for gaming or maintaining my wife's business needs online. I have dabbled in the past with content creation, but not for many moons. With that in mind, I am hoping that one of these days I will be able to save enough for a Blade for my mobile needs and build my own PC Desk with my son's (for bonding, of course). I am loosely basing my plans on a video that LinusTechTips put out a few months ago. The desk would serve at the case, with a glass top for visibility. I am looking at the following components...I would love thoughts. MotherBoard-GIGABYTE Aorus Z270 Gaming 9 Processor-Intel Kaby Lake i7-7700K 4.2GHz (4.5GHz Turbo Boost) Memory-Dominator® Platinum Special Edition 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C14 Hard Drive (SSD PCIe)-Samsung 960 EVO Series - 1TB PCIe NVMe - M.2 Power Supply-Corsair HXi Series, HX1200i GPU (Video Card)-AORUS GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme Edition 11G Fans-EK-Vardar F4-120 (2200rpm) x 6 Liquid Cooling: Pumps EK-XTOP Revo D5 PWM - Plexi (incl. sleeved pump) x 2 Liquid Cooling: Radiators EK-CoolStream PE 360 (Triple) x 2 Liquid Cooling: CPU Cooler EK-Supremacy EVO - Nickel Liquid Cooling: GPU Cooler EK-FC Titan X Pascal - Nickel (1080 Ti) Liquid Cooling: GPU Cooler EK-FC Titan X Pascal Backplate - Black Liquid Cooling: Resevoirs EK-MultiOption RES X3 250 x 2 Liquid Cooling: Tubing EK-DuraClear 11,1/15,9mm 3 meter x 3 Liquid Cooling: MotherBoard (Gaming 9) EKWB G-Frost Hybrid Water Block Liquid Cooling: RAM EK-RAM Monarch X4 - Nickel Liquid Cooling: RAM EK-RAM Monarch Module - Black (2pcs) Liquid Cooling: Fittings EK-ACF Fitting 12/16mm - Black x 22 Liquid Cooling: Coolant EK-Ekoolant EVO CLEAR (concentrate 100mL) Liquid Cooling: Pump Power EK-ATX Bridging Plug (24 pin) x2 Liquid Cooling: Fan Power EK-Cable Y-Splitter 3-Fan PWM (10cm) x 2
thanks 1 user thanked groy22799 for this useful post.
Esteban Romero on 5/7/2017(UTC)
Offline digitaldd  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 13, 2017 12:50:03 PM(UTC)
digitaldd

Man

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I recall Lian-Li had some desk cases which cost more than a full on computer. http://www.lian-li.com/e...omputer-desk/#all/1/grid As far as planning a build for a new rig is concerned its best to do that when you have the funds & budget all set.
thanks 1 user thanked digitaldd for this useful post.
groy22799 on 4/13/2017(UTC)
Offline groy22799  
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 13, 2017 1:41:44 PM(UTC)
groy22799

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Very cool!! The desks look nice...I am still probably going to go the DIY route...something to do with my son...bonding experience. :) The planning portion is giving me an idea of what I need to come up with when it comes to budget...That way I have a goal as to how much I am going to need to save. With as long as it's going to take to save for this, the tech will be better once I am ready and I'll adjust then. Just curious if there are any suggestions on something different of if I am missing anything. Thanks!!
thanks 1 user thanked groy22799 for this useful post.
Esteban Romero on 5/7/2017(UTC)