Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Sim_8_3  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 29, 2016 10:09:01 PM(UTC)
Sim_8_3

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
So I just looked this up and it's doable with an emulator called Droid 4X why would I want to do this you might ask, well I would like to be able to run android games on a Windows tablet, but it looks like the only way you do this is with an emulator anyone ever tried this and got it to work?

Edited by user Thursday, December 29, 2016 10:10:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Follow My Twitch Stream Twitch
Offline fortunz  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 29, 2016 10:22:50 PM(UTC)
fortunz

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
After a quick search, that looks rather like an emulator for full PCs, x86 and x64, a la bluestacks. Any reason to suspect there is a version that would run on an ARM smartphone? But even if there is, it'd be tough to find anyone with a Windows Mobile device to test and confirm that, and tougher still to find one willing to tinker with experimental emulators. The tiny portion of the population using Windows Mobile right now are, by necessity, not super concerned about 3rd party apps. They use the included office stuff, MS's browser, camera, etc, and not much else. It's a different culture than you find on Android/iOS. You'd almost certainly have to go somewhere that specifically caters to WinMo users to hope to find a canary for that coal mine.
Offline Blackhawk8100  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 29, 2016 10:30:17 PM(UTC)
Blackhawk8100

Groups: Administrators, Moderator, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 43 time(s) in 40 post(s)
Do you care about this tablet? If not, you could just do some research and install android on your device :P

Edited by user Thursday, December 29, 2016 10:36:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

My Info: Tweet me @ www.twitter.com/BlackHawk8100 OR join Discord to chat! https://discord.gg/PStJBcJ
Offline Sim_8_3  
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 29, 2016 11:46:28 PM(UTC)
Sim_8_3

United States

Originally Posted by: Blackhawk8100 Go to Quoted Post
Do you care about this tablet? If not, you could just do some research and install android on your device :P
It's a Hybrid and it's running Windows 10 and it's a Lenovo, ring any bells?

Edited by user Saturday, December 31, 2016 6:25:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Sim_8_3  
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 29, 2016 11:46:59 PM(UTC)
Sim_8_3

United States

Originally Posted by: fortunz Go to Quoted Post
After a quick search, that looks rather like an emulator for full PCs, x86 and x64, a la bluestacks. Any reason to suspect there is a version that would run on an ARM smartphone? But even if there is, it'd be tough to find anyone with a Windows Mobile device to test and confirm that, and tougher still to find one willing to tinker with experimental emulators. The tiny portion of the population using Windows Mobile right now are, by necessity, not super concerned about 3rd party apps. They use the included office stuff, MS's browser, camera, etc, and not much else. It's a different culture than you find on Android/iOS. You'd almost certainly have to go somewhere that specifically caters to WinMo users to hope to find a canary for that coal mine.
I should have mentioned it's a Hybrid with a i5 processor.
Offline fortunz  
#6 Posted : Friday, December 30, 2016 1:00:17 AM(UTC)
fortunz

Originally Posted by: Sim_8_3 Go to Quoted Post
I should have mentioned it's a Hybrid with a i5 processor.
My bad, it looks like you said tablet above, but I thought you were talking about Windows 10 Mobile on phones, just missed it. FWIW, google "run android app in chrome on windows" and the first result should be a lifehacker post (though others on the same search results look helpful too). Google itself has been working to integrate android apps into chromeOS, but they also work in Chrome the browser on other OSs. I've been meaning to try this myself. It might be a bit too complicated (you can't just install the Play store and download apps from there to the chrome extension), but the last time I looked at 3rd party android emulators, they were all sleazy. I seem to recall bluestacks being packed with adware. I haven't heard of droid4x before myself, but be careful. The upside of going the chrome route is that it's mostly Google's own work, less dangerous to try.
Offline Sim_8_3  
#7 Posted : Friday, December 30, 2016 5:29:50 AM(UTC)
Sim_8_3

United States

My bad, it looks like you said tablet above, but I thought you were talking about Windows 10 Mobile on phones, just missed it. FWIW, google "run android app in chrome on windows" and the first result should be a lifehacker post (though others on the same search results look helpful too). Google itself has been working to integrate android apps into chromeOS, but they also work in Chrome the browser on other OSs. I've been meaning to try this myself. It might be a bit too complicated (you can't just install the Play store and download apps from there to the chrome extension), but the last time I looked at 3rd party android emulators, they were all sleazy. I seem to recall bluestacks being packed with adware. I haven't heard of droid4x before myself, but be careful. The upside of going the chrome route is that it's mostly Google's own work, less dangerous to try.
No, it's my bad, I should have not said Windows mobile and said Win 10, in fact I"m not even sure I posted this in the right section? Anyhow, I will check out the lifehacker post, you say you just can't install the Play store and downoad apps from the extension but can you install APKs? and run them in Chrome?
Offline fortunz  
#8 Posted : Friday, December 30, 2016 9:15:43 AM(UTC)
fortunz

Yeah, you can. It's a bit involved, but lifehacker describes it, as do others, and there are plenty of videos on youtube too it looks like. I definitely plan to try it, but I may wait for tools to evolve a little more. My guess is eventually you will be able to run either Google Play or else be able install a most android apps straight from the chrome web store.
Offline digitaldd  
#9 Posted : Friday, December 30, 2016 10:17:41 AM(UTC)
digitaldd

Man

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I know Bluestacks does what you want a friend uses it for development testing but I have no idea if it is free or costs $$$.
Offline Sim_8_3  
#10 Posted : Friday, December 30, 2016 11:00:51 PM(UTC)
Sim_8_3

United States

Yeah, you can. It's a bit involved, but lifehacker describes it, as do others, and there are plenty of videos on youtube too it looks like. I definitely plan to try it, but I may wait for tools to evolve a little more. My guess is eventually you will be able to run either Google Play or else be able install a most android apps straight from the chrome web store.
I might give it a shot since I really don't have anything but the Samsung S4 that can play Android games and touch screen emulators on PC without touch screen pretty much suck!