Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline venser  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 29, 2015 8:14:42 PM(UTC)
venser

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I know I've posted something from the verge before, but I couldn't skip out on this one. Google is well on its way to creating weaved tech within your clothes. It kind of reminded me of prosthetics, without the loss of a limb, heh. I am not sure what I would use it for quite yet, but it is crazy interesting. It could be the start of some really innovative ways to utilize screens, scanning, creating virtual ideas, almost limitless. I don't know how I would run any of it in my laundry without destroying it over time. I suppose if it were a single use glove or shirt that you specifically wore for whatever task you were doing it wouldn't need certain maintenances like washing too often. Here's a link to the full article- http://www.theverge.com/...hips-hands-on-with-ataps
Offline Blackhawk8100  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 29, 2015 8:33:24 PM(UTC)
Blackhawk8100

Groups: Administrators, Moderator, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 42 post(s)
I have seen something like this, it was a piece of synthetic skin infused with tech, you wore it on your temple. It was cool.
My Info:

Tweet me @ www.twitter.com/BlackHawk8100 OR join Discord to chat! https://discord.gg/PStJBcJ

Offline JOMA  
#3 Posted : Saturday, May 30, 2015 10:42:00 AM(UTC)
JOMA

Practical uses are probably many years away but 10-15 years from now there's going to be a lot of advancements in this area. Exoskeletons is another tech I find very cool.
Offline Blackhawk8100  
#4 Posted : Saturday, May 30, 2015 11:48:22 AM(UTC)
Blackhawk8100

Man
United States

I think that the biggest advancements will be smart prosthetic limbs (person uses body's nerves to control a prosthetic limb) and allowing the blind to see by tapping into their optical nerve.
My Info:

Tweet me @ www.twitter.com/BlackHawk8100 OR join Discord to chat! https://discord.gg/PStJBcJ

Offline purple42  
#5 Posted : Saturday, October 24, 2015 7:11:06 PM(UTC)
purple42

Xbox Shirt inc
Offline drhutchinson  
#6 Posted : Saturday, October 24, 2015 11:21:58 PM(UTC)
drhutchinson

Man
United States

In general, I feel that technological advancements are coming at an unexpectedly fast rate. I feel like I first heard about self-driving cars just last year, thinking it would only be possible many years later, but here we are today with Tesla Model S's capable of doing it already. I wouldn't be surprised if other areas of tech catch on quick and are fast-tracked. There just needs to be that one breakthrough idea that will spark a huge amount of investor interest which will fuel development and take things to the next level.
Offline Blackhawk8100  
#7 Posted : Sunday, October 25, 2015 12:22:06 AM(UTC)
Blackhawk8100

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: drhutchinson Go to Quoted Post
In general, I feel that technological advancements are coming at an unexpectedly fast rate. I feel like I first heard about self-driving cars just last year, thinking it would only be possible many years later, but here we are today with Tesla Model S's capable of doing it already. I wouldn't be surprised if other areas of tech catch on quick and are fast-tracked. There just needs to be that one breakthrough idea that will spark a huge amount of investor interest which will fuel development and take things to the next level.

Technological advancements have been rapidly increasing since roughly 1980, with the first actual computers being created, then mainframes, and the internet, computers becoming PCs(personal computers), and always becoming ever smaller than they were previously. This has always happened. The smaller and smaller tech becomes, the more implementations it has. It could go into your car, into clothing, or a recent popular piece of tech, the iWatch. Nothing new here :D

My Info: