Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline marco  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 07, 2014 12:47:21 PM(UTC)
News

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

SanDisk Extreme Pro Solid State Drives ReviewedWhen we took at look at SanDisk's Extreme II series of solid state drives in June of last year, we began our article by noting, "odds are, if you’ve bought anything that uses flash memory in the last 20 years or so, you already own a small piece of SanDisk technology. The company has been a leader in flash memory storage since the late ‘80s and manufactures products used in everything from smartphones and portable media players to digital cameras and camcorders. With such a long history in the flash memory business, it’s should be no surprise that SanDisk offers an array of solid state storage solutions for desktop and mobile PCs as well. In fact, SanDisk recently expanded their product stack with some new, high-performance SSDs that leverage the company’s own NAND flash memory and Marvel’s popular 88SSS9187 controller."  All of that still applies today, as we present to you SanDisk's follow-on product, the Extreme Pro series.

The SanDisk Extreme Pro series of solid state drives features much of the same technology as its predecessor, but it has been updated with newer NAND and a refined firmware that kicks performance up a notch...

SanDisk Extreme Pro Solid State Drives Reviewed

Offline realneil  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 07, 2014 8:22:01 PM(UTC)
realneil

Groups: Administrators, Moderator, Registered
Man

I like how SSDs are coming down in price. I hope to have one in all of my PCs soon.

I have a SanDisk SSD already and it's a good one.

Offline starwhite  
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 08, 2014 1:35:48 AM(UTC)
starwhite

Groups: Registered
Man
United States
Location: Rugby ND. WE have a small Ranch house 15 miles outside of town on the open prairie.

Our Laptop hard drive crashed last year, so we had to replace it. We put in an OCZ SSD. The speed increase was insane. Its absolutely worth it.

Offline adams256  
#4 Posted : Friday, November 28, 2014 10:57:22 PM(UTC)
adams256

Groups: Registered

I like how SSDs are coming down in price.