Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline News  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2014 3:54:21 PM(UTC)
News

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

The next GoPro is expected to launch in mid-October, and rumor has it, it's going to be one draw-dropping device. Compared to the GoPro HERO3, the upcoming 4 model is said to cost about $100 more, putting it at $500. That might seem a bit steep, but if the specs prove true, it's going to be worth it.

At the forefront, HERO4 is said to support 4K video at 30 FPS - it goes without saying just how impressive that is from a device as light as this will be. For those preferring speed over resolution, how does 240 FPS at 720p sound? 120 FPS at 1080p? Helping to make such speed possible will be a 1GHz Ambarella A9 processor along with an FPU accelerator.

GoPro's Hero 3

One major perk the HERO4 will be able to offer over the 3 is the resistance to harsher weather conditions, including hail, strong winds, and also rain. Further, it's said to offer remote playback capabilities (via Wi-Fi), and its sensor will have improved image stabilization, enhanced MCTF, and WDR tone-mapping.

I don't know about you, but 30 FPS @ 4K resolution sounds pretty dreamy to me, and well, so does 120 FPS @ 1080p. HERO4 is shaping up to be an amazing device.

Offline realneil  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2014 7:59:18 PM(UTC)
realneil

Groups: Administrators, Moderator, Registered
Man

I'd like to get one of these, and yes, all of that speed and resolution is awesome.

Offline infinityzen1  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 26, 2014 1:31:37 AM(UTC)
InfinityzeN1

Groups: Registered

I don't know about the 30 FPS @ 4K, but the 120 FPS @ 1080p sounds great. People buy these for use in action shooting mostly, so the ability to record at high FPS is more important than recording at a resolution which almost no ones has to ability to play back without down-sizing anyway.

All that aside, I might be getting my wife one of these for xmas.

Offline TButtons  
#4 Posted : Sunday, September 28, 2014 9:20:12 AM(UTC)
TButtons

Groups: Registered

Was it in danger?