Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline methious  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2008 12:06:33 PM(UTC)
methious

Groups: Registered

Apparently a third party company is going to release a headset called "Epoc" that utilizes a headset to control gaming action.  The video shows a person attempting to and some times lifting boulders with brain power.

OCZ is rumored to be in development of a simular device for computers. 

Offline Kamrooz  
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2008 12:48:17 PM(UTC)
Kamrooz

These solutions are definitely odd, I doubt it would be "think of it and it happens" mentality. You probably have to focus on specific things (What things? no idea)...

It's definitely gonna be interesting, But I'm still going to prefer a mouse and keyboard/controller! =P. I'd definitely love to give it a test drive though, technology can certainly do some wonderful things ^_^. 

Offline methious  
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2008 2:34:24 PM(UTC)
methious

The one for the Wii console looked like the guy was struggling not to lay an underwear bomb, the one OCZ is developing there was actually some running and gunning going on.  

http://www.qj.net/Mind-...set-here/pg/49/aid/84661

http://kotaku.com/358459/pc-psy...ontroller-hits-this-year

OCZ version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKd_AJUUT7Q

Offline Kamrooz  
#4 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2008 7:02:10 PM(UTC)
Kamrooz

That video looks insane...But I'm REALLY skeptical. If they could actually make it work like that..Then heck yea, this is going to be awsome. But considering the magnitude it would take to achieve something like this, I'll be skeptical till I see it in person or try it myself =P.

Offline recoveringknowitall  
#5 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2008 7:25:09 PM(UTC)
recoveringknowitall

Man

I'll probably sound like a weenie, but it actually looks kinda intimidating. Cool... but intimidating!

Offline methious  
#6 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2008 6:55:44 AM(UTC)
methious

Yea I'd have to see it before I believed that level of functionality.  The guy probably spent a month learning that.  When they do get the functionality worked out they need to stick it in a hat, helmet or some thing.  A nice flip down HUD eye piece on a helmet would just rock.  Problem with most of the odd ball devices is programmer acceptance and utilization.

I have a great gaming 3D glove, uses an infra red reciever on the desk.  The games that used it were great, then the company went belly up, and now it's a 2D glove mouse.  Until I see it working and gaining acceptance not going to spend for one. 

#7 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2008 9:23:37 AM(UTC)
recoveringknowitall

Man

Anyone still remember the power glove for Nintendo?

Speaking of which check THIS hilarious and informative video out on YouTube.

WARNING: This video has alot of profanity and is 12 min. long... you've been warned!!!

Offline Kamrooz  
#8 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2008 2:00:26 PM(UTC)
Kamrooz

lol...There was some really funny moments in that vid. I actually still have my nintendo in my closet. Still works flawlessly! =P...I had 2 atari's also but they are both busted >_<. Has anyone ever played the nintendo game "Guardian Legend"?...HARD ass game, but damn fun...I still have the gold Legend of zelda catridge ^_^. 

Offline methious  
#9 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2008 5:54:42 AM(UTC)
methious

I used to have the gold cartridge of Zelda, my mom has the old console now, they still play mario and stuff.

#10 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2008 9:38:41 AM(UTC)
recoveringknowitall

Man

methious wrote:
they still play mario and stuff

Why not... Nintendo games are still alot of fun IMO!

Offline Crisis Causer  
#11 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2008 11:56:23 AM(UTC)
Crisis Causer

Color me skepticle.  It's gonna have a lot of problems.  I don't think even next-decade will be ready for this stuff to truly work.

Offline Kamrooz  
#12 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2008 2:19:11 PM(UTC)
Kamrooz

I've still NEVER beaten MANY of my nintendo games. I was just too young to sit and finish them. I always get to the last world in Super Mario Bros. 3...But can never ever beat it. Still never beat Super Mario and Super Mario 2. One game that was extremely fun but extremely difficult, would be "Clash at Demon Head", still have and never beaten the ninja gaiden games. Never beat Teenage Mutant Ninja Turles 1 either..but that game was extremely tough. Never beat Metal Gear either >_<....Although I love playing the current ones, beaten them all so far...except the nintendo titles..Snakes Revenge rocks!..although I've never beaten that either..

You know what..I think it's about time I bust out the system and finish some of these games =P...lol.

Offline methious  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2008 6:23:29 PM(UTC)
methious

They were tough but given the limited storage space for code, and the linear nature thay had to be for longevity reasons.  Nobody is going to pay that kind of money for a pud easy to beat game that lays on the shelf after 4 or 5 hours.

I do think they need to put limitations on todays cheat codes though.  At least makem stumble around for an hour or two in a given level before they can activate god mode, stock up on weapons and ammo, and walk through walls.  Then after the games won unlock them completely so you can rage for a while. 

#14 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2008 6:33:19 PM(UTC)
recoveringknowitall

Man

A friend of mine is a master @ Mike Tyson's Punchout!

The only cheats I will ever let myself use in games are ammo cheats... no health cheats, no God mode, no give all weapons and deffinately no level select... only ammo.

Last game I used a cheat on was F.E.A.R. when I 1st got it... just ammo cheats... oh yeah and frag grenades lol! I was crazy good with grenades in MP!!!

Offline Kamrooz  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2008 6:43:36 PM(UTC)
Kamrooz

Honestly, using cheats really ruins the game..What's the point? There are a few that are favorable though...Heck..Try to play contra without the konami code...damn near impossible...lol.

But I do agree that cheats now-a-days are just so overboard. Takes the fun out of the game...Games are suppose to be challenging, not a since to run through. When it comes to RPG's though, I use to have a bad habit. I like to get a players guide to make sure I never miss any special items. I don't neccesarily use the players guide to beat the game, but when I continue on, I just give a quick skim through for items that I might miss. Such as final fantasty 7...running through and missing such great summons and materia is just not cool! =(...lol.  I ended up playing FF12 a little while back, and after I read about the ultimate weapons I got pissed, I made sure I left no chest and area unexplored and unturned..The result?..certain ultimate weapons come from leaving chests unopened till later in the game..WTH is that!?! I'm being punished for being as thorough as possible?!?!?! =(...how mean...lol.