Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Blackhawk8100  
#16 Posted : Monday, November 05, 2018 9:42:07 PM(UTC)
Blackhawk8100

Groups: Administrators, Moderator, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Tatoosh Go to Quoted Post
Eek! Whatever generation CPU I got? Ryzen 5 from your link. I looked at the page link you supplied so I am hoping that maybe I have now in my possession a Pinnacle Ridge Ryzen 2600 CPU with provided cooler? Puzzled look as I fumble with the box, no mention of ridges, valleys, lakes, or mountains on it.

What is this RX-2x00 vs RX-2x00G/GE? I found some explanations on the web, but still pretty uncertain of what they mean, which is preferable and where to go ... I am looking at DDR4-2666 and DDR4-3000 but in 4gb sticks.

Thank you very much for swatting the display questions so succinctly! Well done, Blackhawk! And the CPU and motherboard sound pretty zoomy! First new MoBo I've had in over a decade. Sweet! (Well, save the mining motherboard ... for sale cheap ... hah hah hah!)

Found this from Patriot: DDR4-3000

Alright, so I will break this down (I hope).

What you have (if you actually bought what I recommended) is Ryzen 5 2600. The "codename" for this is Pinnacle Ridge. The difference between 2x00 (Like your R5 2600) and 2x00G/GE is that the G and GE variants are APUs, which have built-in GPUs. They aren't the same and don't have the same memory. Also as a note, Ryzen CPUs like fast memory (3000+Mhz is good) and faster memory usually gives better performance. Best of luck with the new build!

My Info:

Tweet me @ www.twitter.com/BlackHawk8100 OR join Discord to chat! https://discord.gg/PStJBcJ