Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline tredeuce  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 31, 2017 8:57:56 PM(UTC)
tredeuce

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I am just wondering if anyone else plays ESO. I really like it.
Offline toby5  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 01, 2017 12:38:22 AM(UTC)
toby5

Man
United States

I have never played it myself, but I do see that a lot of people really like it. What are some of the things that you like most about it?
Offline tredeuce  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 01, 2017 8:44:30 PM(UTC)
tredeuce

I enjoy the Elder Scrolls series. While this is not exactly Elder Scrolls single player (like Skyrim or Oblivion), you definitely get the Elder Scrolls vibe. As an MMO, I enjoy the variety of interacting with people rather than all NPCs. I still enjoy the single player games with all the mods and extra content too!
Offline toby5  
#4 Posted : Friday, September 01, 2017 9:51:09 PM(UTC)
toby5

Man
United States

lol, I am old. I love games like Diablo, even though I heard the new Diablo is nothing like the original Diablo. I like what they did with the music of the first 2 Diablos and how they set the environments in them. I don't really think they make games like that anymore to much extent really. I might have to check out the Elder Scrolls though to see what the whole thing looks like.
Offline tredeuce  
#5 Posted : Friday, September 01, 2017 11:46:30 PM(UTC)
tredeuce

I never played any of the Diablo series. If you do not want "graphics shock", I would start with some of the earlier Elder Scrolls games like Morrowind.
Offline digitaldd  
#6 Posted : Monday, September 04, 2017 9:15:16 PM(UTC)
digitaldd

Man

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Originally Posted by: toby5 Go to Quoted Post
lol, I am old. I love games like Diablo, even though I heard the new Diablo is nothing like the original Diablo. I like what they did with the music of the first 2 Diablos and how they set the environments in them. I don't really think they make games like that anymore to much extent really. I might have to check out the Elder Scrolls though to see what the whole thing looks like.

You'd like the current Diablo 3 game if you enjoyed the first 2 games and their expansions, only negative about it is it needs to be online to activate (though you don't need to allow others into your single player games). The classic loot system and upgrades are all in the game with lots of cool unique items for you to find.

Offline toby5  
#7 Posted : Monday, September 04, 2017 10:56:28 PM(UTC)
toby5

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: digitaldd Go to Quoted Post
You'd like the current Diablo 3 game if you enjoyed the first 2 games and their expansions, only negative about it is it needs to be online to activate (though you don't need to allow others into your single player games). The classic loot system and upgrades are all in the game with lots of cool unique items for you to find.
I heard it was online only which seems kind of disappointing actually.

Offline tredeuce  
#8 Posted : Monday, September 04, 2017 11:24:10 PM(UTC)
tredeuce

Single player games should be between the game and the player with the exception of patches and DLCs.
Offline toby5  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, September 05, 2017 1:52:15 AM(UTC)
toby5

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: tredeuce Go to Quoted Post
Single player games should be between the game and the player with the exception of patches and DLCs.
Pretty much exactly this.

Offline tredeuce  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, September 05, 2017 6:16:37 PM(UTC)
tredeuce

I do like the idea of Steam, and I understand that companies have to make sure you have a legal copy, but once you do that, they should not force you to be online or even log in to play.
Offline toby5  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, September 05, 2017 6:26:23 PM(UTC)
toby5

Man
United States

I do like the idea of Steam, and I understand that companies have to make sure you have a legal copy, but once you do that, they should not force you to be online or even log in to play.
It feels like so many business models are turning in this direction for some reason. Just look at Microsoft Windows for example. You buy Windows, but it isn't you Operating System. You are just buying the privilege of using their Operating System as well as other companies in the digital domain.

Offline tredeuce  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, September 05, 2017 7:08:01 PM(UTC)
tredeuce

Isn't Office now a yearly subscription too? Circling back to the original post, ESO is a B2P (buy to play) game. It used to be subscription based, then moved to just buy the game and you can play. You can still subscribe for extra benefits, but I did not want to pay monthly. Sometimes I only play a few hours a month. Now I get what I pay for which is all most people really want I think.
Offline toby5  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, September 05, 2017 8:54:37 PM(UTC)
toby5

Man
United States

Isn't Office now a yearly subscription too? Circling back to the original post, ESO is a B2P (buy to play) game. It used to be subscription based, then moved to just buy the game and you can play. You can still subscribe for extra benefits, but I did not want to pay monthly. Sometimes I only play a few hours a month. Now I get what I pay for which is all most people really want I think.
It is all people really want, but this how businesses make their money by coming up with the models for subscription based services.

Offline tredeuce  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, September 06, 2017 7:49:20 PM(UTC)
tredeuce

I do not mind paying for something I will use a lot, nor do I mind paying for DLCs or cosmetic add-ons for games I enjoy to support them. If I only use something sporadically, I will use free or low cost versions. I have gotten way more fun out of a game like ESO than I paid for it, so I am happy.
Offline toby5  
#15 Posted : Friday, September 08, 2017 3:41:42 AM(UTC)
toby5

Man
United States

I just saw a game I really want to play now. It is Magic The Gathering: Arena. I used to play magic the gathering at a comic book store and at a friend's apartment quite a bit and used to love that game. Now this looks exactly like how magic should be played.