Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline earthwriter  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2016 7:22:32 PM(UTC)
earthwriter

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

I may have posted this before, but my memory is not the greatest...I recently learned that the macbook pro now joins the ranks of having issues with multiple core power processor and graphics card that gets overworked and overheats like the asus so am thinking of leaning more toward a pc, but with so many kinds to choose from, I'm stumped as to which 1 is "best " for me. I know nothing is infallible, but I need simple and easy to use and work with. I also need 1 that is affordable...I prefer that to the word "cheap"...I'm a writer and artist and I use a little multi media and play an occasional game. I do need 1 with a webcam built in and speakers and the usual cool groovy tech stuff...I don't know all the correct tech jargon and words so I did my best to convey my thoughts. I appreciate the helpful suggestions, thank you.
Offline Blackhawk8100  
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2016 8:34:40 PM(UTC)
Blackhawk8100

Groups: Administrators, Moderator, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 43 time(s) in 40 post(s)
I reccomend a Chromebook for simplicity and multimedia, but not for the occasional game. What is a hard budget number for you?
My Info: Tweet me @ www.twitter.com/BlackHawk8100 OR join Discord to chat! https://discord.gg/PStJBcJ
Offline earthwriter  
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2016 6:07:50 PM(UTC)
earthwriter

Woman
United States

Why do you say not for the occasional game? I would need to buy a used 1 because I imagine the price range for new is over $100, though that's just a surmise, but definitely under $100...is the google chromebook based on google chrome? I'm kinda behind the times. *blush* lol
Offline Blackhawk8100  
#4 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2016 9:22:07 PM(UTC)
Blackhawk8100

Groups: Administrators, Moderator, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 43 time(s) in 40 post(s)
A Chromebook runs ChromeOS, which isn't supported by most games, if not all. Also, the specs just aren't there for gaming. If you wanna write and surf the web, Chromebook is for you. Otherwise, though, try looking elsewhere. Reference: https://www.google.com/chromebook
My Info: Tweet me @ www.twitter.com/BlackHawk8100 OR join Discord to chat! https://discord.gg/PStJBcJ
Offline pcdoctorwestchester  
#5 Posted : Saturday, July 08, 2017 5:32:44 PM(UTC)
pcdoctorwestchester

United States

A good Lenovo Yoga series will accomplish your tasks and even more. It will also last longer than other brands.