Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline fortunz  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 22, 2017 10:32:25 PM(UTC)
fortunz

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
https://www.indiegogo.co...eyboard-for-the-moto-z#/ keyboard Reminds me of my favorite smartphone ever, the HTC Touch Pro2. Thanks to a hack from xda devs I managed to dual boot Android on it through Gingerbread, but after that, there were no tilting sliders for Android. HTC abandoned keyboards. Samsung mostly made crappy ones Motorola itself made droids/milestones, but they never tilted. There bulky bluetooth cases, mostly for iPhones or Galaxies, but the quality was horrific. This is being made by an old school Nokia user who really wanted a quality tilting slider again. Vive le QWERTY!

Edited by user Monday, April 24, 2017 7:55:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline digitaldd  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 24, 2017 2:16:43 PM(UTC)
digitaldd

Man

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I had one of those myself, when i finally did upgrade it was for a Nexus One. The resistive screen on the TP2 made the stylus useful when the phone was closed. had the screen been capacitive that great keyboard would have gone to waste.
Offline fortunz  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 24, 2017 8:26:40 PM(UTC)
fortunz

I used my Touch Pro2's keyboard for a couple of things other than typing. With the tilt, it made a fanstastic media stand, though if you remember, back in those days video on mobile was less smooth than today. The TP2 had some support for hardware decoding, but it was hard to access. If I used any app other than the awful bundled winmo media player, it was horrendous. Now the support is fantastic, and video is one of the most efficient things processors do. You use more battery reading a book than watching a movie these days. I also used the keyboard to read. I held it in portrait with the keyboard out and tilted, like a book. I had my thumb over the arrow keys, and used them to turn pages. Most comfortable ereading experience I ever had. And of course, it was the best mobile keyboard ever made. It was a joy to type on. The only good thing about on screen keyboards is using them caused prioritizing of text prediction. Swiftkey is particularly good at that. Of course, you can use text prediction with a physical keyboard too.
Offline digitaldd  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 25, 2017 1:37:17 PM(UTC)
digitaldd

Man

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I never had video playback issues on the HTC TP2, I recall having some codec package for windows mobile that enabled playback of xvid/mp4 and that covered most of the video podcasts I used to download back then. Keep in mind I went to the TP2 from another Windows Phone (Samsung Blackjack) & a Windows PDA device make by Toshiba.
Offline fortunz  
#5 Posted : Sunday, April 30, 2017 1:01:49 PM(UTC)
fortunz

The mod hit full funding this morning grin