Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline DLouisiana  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2011 4:10:28 PM(UTC)
DLouisiana

Groups: Registered

Well, Anyone figure out how to get Hulu to work on Boxee? A girlfriend of mine and I are perplexed. Any hacks or work a rounds anyone knows of? Yea I know, but she got a good deal on the boxee. Seems there are no instructions for what we want to do. Hulu not even mentioned as supported. Any help out there?

Thanks.

Offline AKwyn  
#2 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2011 10:29:13 AM(UTC)
AKwyn

Man

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Well Hulu has usually blocked the free version from Boxee users and it's been like a cat and mouse game that will not let up, meaning it's going to be difficult to access Hulu and keep the access to Hulu; that doesn't mean there are ways though, (changing the user agent, emulating a browser; I don't know, it's been a long time since I followed this Hulu/Boxee thing) It's just that it's going to be difficult.

Hulu Plus however, is on Boxee; and if you're willing to pay $8 a month for Hulu Plus then you might just get Hulu on your Boxee device; it might not be free but at least it's less difficult.

Offline digitaldd  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2011 12:13:10 PM(UTC)
digitaldd

Man

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)

No idea on an actual Boxee box, but if you installed Boxee on a computer you can just hack the browser identification string to something Hulu likes, Such as Firefox on Windows 7.. 

Offline DLouisiana  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2011 6:46:21 AM(UTC)
DLouisiana

Thanks for the info. Seems we will give Hulu plus a go on her setup. I may dabble in the other imulation options though. If I ever build my new PC (and stop changing spec info do to researching all the time), I will give her my old one, and she can get all she wants that way. I didn't even know about Boxee until she hadded it to me and siad, make it work....yes dear....   Thanks again for the info and options