Latest News - June 2017
- WannaCry Ransomware Attack Invades Honda Factory Forcing Shutdown
- Ethereum Prices Plunge To $0.10 Before Rebounding Highlighting Cryptocurrency Volatility
- Lenovo’s Retro X300-Style ThinkPad Still In Development For Brand’s 25th Anniversary
- Intel Coffee Lake Hits SiSoft Sandra Benchmark Database With 6 Cores And 12 Threads, 4.2GHz Turbo Boost
- Sega Forever Ports Classic Games To iOS And Android With Cloud Save And Bluetooth Support
- Virgin Mobile Becomes An iPhone-Exclusive Carrier And Offers One Year Unlimited Service For $1
- OnePlus 5 Review Units Found Cheating In Benchmark Apps, OnePlus Responds With Details
- Microsoft Confirms Windows 10 Temporarily Disables Third Party Antivirus Software After Major Updates
- Steam Summer Sale Kicks Off Tomorrow Confirms Blabbermouth PayPal
- Apple iPhone 8 Design Seemingly Confirmed By Mobile Fun Accessory Retailer
- Blizzard And Amazon's Twitch Sign Exclusive Agreement For eSports Game Streaming
- Embattled Uber CEO Travis Kalanick Resigns
- AMD Unveils EPYC 7000 Series Processors And Platform To Take On Intel In the Data Center
- AMD's Radeon Instinct MI25 GPU Accelerator Crushes Deep Learning Tasks With 24.6 TFLOPS FP16 Compute
All News for June 2017
It seemed for a moment that the WannaCry ransomware that wreaked havoc at hospitals across Europe had been neutralized, but apparently it is still causing disruptions. The latest report comes from Honda Motor Co., which said on Wednesday that it had... Read more...
It took only a few seconds for the price of Ethereum, one of the hottest cryptocurrencies out there next to Bitcoin, to plummet from $319 all the way down to $0.10 on the GDAX cryptocurrency exchange on Wednesday. Following an investigation to... Read more...
IBM’s ThinkPad notebooks first went on sale in 1992, and quickly became a staple for business travelers and well-heeled consumers that wanted a high-end, high quality mobile device. There were some hits and misses along the way — and some quirky... Read more...
Intel Coffee Lake Hits SiSoft Sandra Benchmark Database With 6 Cores And 12 Threads, 4.2GHz Turbo Boost
We’re just getting our heads wrapped about Kaby Lake-X and Skylake-X (aka, the Core X-Series), and here we are staring at Coffee Lake. Coffee Lake represents the fourth and latest major iteration of... Read more...
There is no question that gamers not only like to take advantage of the latest, fastest, and ultra-realistic 4K games, but sometimes we all would just like to kick back and enjoy games from a “simpler” time. Sega is looking to get in on the action... Read more...
Earlier this month, Sprint unveiled a promotion that offered one year of unlimited service for free if you switched from a competing wireless carrier. It now looks as though Sprint’s prepaid arm... Read more...
If you’ve noticed any of the reviews of the OnePlus 5 that were posted on the internet yesterday, a common theme that was presented was the device’s incredible speed. There’s no question that the Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 is responsible for part of... Read more...
Microsoft Confirms Windows 10 Temporarily Disables Third Party Antivirus Software After Major Updates
Computer security has always been somewhat of a hot topic, though it has intensified in recent weeks in the wake of the global WannaCry ransomware outbreak. In response, Microsoft has issued a series... Read more...
Three things in life are guaranteed—death, taxes, and Steam sales. While we are not real keen on the first two, we love a good Steam sale, even though our games library is already overflowing with titles we picked up at a discount and may never get... Read more...
Even though Apple’s highly anticipated iPhone 8 won’t make its official debut until this September, it seems as though the supply chain and the accessories market that coalesces around Cupertino’s latest smartphones have made their minds up. One... Read more...
If you thought the esports phenomenon would eventually fizzle, think again. Esports is as popular as ever, and just as importantly, it continues to grow and attract major participants. To keep the good times growing, game developer and publisher... Read more...
Following months of turmoil, Travis Kalanick has decided to resign as the chief executive officer of Uber, the popular ride-hailing startup he co-founded in 2009 en route to disrupting public transportation as it existed before then. His resignation... Read more...
Today marks the launch of AMD's EPYC family of processors for data center servers. Based on the company's Zen microarchitecture, it has become abundantly clear that AMD was targeting the lucrative data center market first and foremost with its new... Read more...
AMD's Radeon Instinct MI25 GPU Accelerator Crushes Deep Learning Tasks With 24.6 TFLOPS FP16 Compute
Late last year, we were introduced to AMD’s new Radeon Instinct GPU accelerators, which are targeted at machine intelligence and deep learning tasks. As you might expect, these GPU accelerators will... Read more...