Latest News - October 2017
- Qualcomm Demos First 5G 1Gbps Cellular Data Connection With Snapdragon X50 5G Modem
- Microsoft Xbox One Fall Update Delivers A Faster And More Personalized Dashboard Experience
- Google Adds Barebones Antivirus Protection To Chrome Browser For Windows
- Microsoft Already Patched KRACK WPA2 Wi-Fi Exploit, Google Prepping Android Update
- Apple's Year-Old iPhone 7 Reportedly Outselling New iPhone 8 Family
- DoubleLocker Android Ransomware Changes Device PIN, Attempts To Drain Bank Accounts
- Huawei Mate 10 Series Rocks Kirin 970 SoC With Dedicated AI Engine And Massive 4000 mAh Battery
- OLED Smartphone Display Panels To Outpace LCD Shipments In 2020
- Russia Unveils Plans To Introduce Blockchain-Based CryptoRuble Currency
- Researchers KRACK Wi-Fi WPA2 Authentication Putting All Of Your Wireless Devices At Risk
- Canon PowerShot G1 X Mark III Compact Camera Boasts 24.3MP APS-C CMOS Sensor
- Apple Will Reportedly Dump Touch ID Fingerprint Sensors For All 2018 iPhones
- Microsoft Edge On Windows 10 Blocks Malware Better Than Chrome Or Firefox
- OxygenOS Android 8.0 Oreo Open Beta Available For OnePlus 3/3T, Here’s How To Set It Up
All News for October 2017
Qualcomm is well on its way to delivering 5G wireless connectivity for the masses, and has demonstrated its ability to achieve gigabit data speeds in a controlled environment. In this case, Qualcomm achieved the feat in its San Diego... Read more...
The Fall Creators Update will be available for Windows 10 users starting tomorrow, but if you have an Xbox One console, the fun starts today. Microsoft announced that the Fall Update is now rolling... Read more...
Google Chrome might be the most popular web browser in the world, but it has long been criticized for the app bloat that has accumulated over the years and its negative impact on resources and battery life. The "bloat" is about to increase again... Read more...
This morning we talked about a researcher from KU Leuven University in Belgium who had discovered a major security vulnerability in the WiFi Protected Access II (WPA2) protocol that is used to secure wireless internet traffic. That vulnerability... Read more...
Last month, Apple introduced a new family of smartphones to appease the legions of iPhone users around the globe. The first products to take the stage with the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus, which are enhanced versions of the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus... Read more...
Cybercriminals have developed a new form of Android ransomware that gives victims added incentive to pay up. In addition to scrambling the user's data with an AES encryption algorithm, the new ransomware replaces an infected device's personal... Read more...
It seems as though dedicated artificial intelligence (AI) hardware is seeping into more aspects of our computing hardware (see Apple iPhone X), and the latest evidence of that is with Huawei's new... Read more...
Display technology has continued to improve over the past several years, and not just with higher-resolution panels. The next big shift is a transition from liquid crystal display (LCD) panels to organic light emitting diode (OLED) screens. As it... Read more...
Russia may soon roll out its own state-controlled cryptocurrency called CryptoRuble. Unlike Bitcoin, Ethereum, LiteCoin, and other types of cryptocurrency that are all the rage these days, Russia's digital coins cannot be mined. CryptoRubles will be... Read more...
A security expert at Belgian university KU Leuven has discovered a major vulnerability in the Wi-Fi Protected Access II (WPA2) protocol that could a expose a user's wireless Internet traffic, including usernames and passwords that are entered into... Read more...
Canon has announced a new digital camera that has a pair of firsts for the company's point-and-shoot camera line. The major feature of the new flagship G1 X Mark III PowerShot camera is that it has the largest imaging sensor ever crammed inside a... Read more...
When the first rumors emerged that Apple would be going with bezel-free flagship iPhone, many assumed that the company would be using a Touch ID fingerprint sensor embedded within the actual display panel. However, this wasn't the case, and Apple... Read more...
Microsoft Edge is far from the most popular web browser on the market, but it does take top honors in at least one category: blocking malware. NSS Labs conducted tests in which it measured how effective today's leading browsers are at protecting... Read more...
We posted a fun project yesterday for those who found themselves with a bit of free time on their hands this weekend: installing the PIxel Launcher on any Android smartphone they choose (as long as it's up-to-date, of course). Now, we have stumbled... Read more...