Latest News - July 2017
- Ethereum Made A Mockery As Veritaseum ICO Hack Loses $8.4 Million To Theft
- Western Digital Announces 'X4' Four Bits-Per-Cell 64-Layer 3D NAND For SSDs
- Android O Developer Preview 4 Released, Final Version ‘Coming Soon’
- AMD Unveils Ryzen Threadripper’s Massive And Amazingly Flashy Retail Packaging
- Microsoft To Sideline Venerable Paint App With Windows 10 Fall Creators Update
- Samsung Galaxy S8 Active Images Leak Boasting Rugged Design And Massive Battery
- Intel’s Coffee Lake 6-Core Desktop Processor Family Details Allegedly Leaked
- Here's How To Fix Google Nexus 6P Bootloop Of Death Errors
- Intel’s 2.5GHz Core i9-7960X 16-Core, 32-Thread HEDT Processor Makes Geekbench Debut
- NVIDIA CEO Hands First Volta GPU Accelerators To 15 Top AI Researchers And Includes Autograph
- Intel Releases Critical Skylake And Kaby Lake HyperThreading Bug Fix
- Apple Slapped With Lawsuit By State Farm Insurance Over Alleged iPhone 4S Fire Destruction
- Motorola Moto Z2 Force Live Pics Leak, Phone Coming To All Major U.S. Carriers
- Mozilla Quantum Flow Engineers Mod Firefox Browser To Open 1700 Tabs In Mere Seconds
All News for July 2017
With Ethereum (ETH) rising after recently dipping below the $200 mark, cryptocurrency thieves are back in action, once again stealing a throng of tokens. The most recent theft, which hit Veritaseum’s initial coin offering (ICO), was valued at $8.4... Read more...
Western Digital today announced that it has successfully developed four bit-per-cell (also known as X4) 3D NAND built using 64-layer, BiCS3 technology. The company says that these chips can store 768 gigabits on a single chip (equivalent to 96GB)... Read more...
Android is the most popular operating system in the world, and any new release is met with much fanfare. That will certainly be the case with Android O, which is the latest in a long line of mobile operating systems from Google (and is still... Read more...
AMD Ryzen Threadripper is so close, we can almost taste it. While gaming enthusiasts are no doubt excited to see early benchmarks of the HEDT processor (and get their hands on them), AMD itself is also getting hyped for the launch. That’s why AMD... Read more...
Next to Minesweeper and Facebook, Microsoft's nifty little Paint utility might go down as the one of the all-time great time wasters while toiling away at work. While the clock goes tick-tock, one way to pass the time is to doodle on your desktop... Read more...
The Galaxy Note 8 might be the most highly anticipated new smartphone from Samsung, but the newest version of a popular Galaxy model is also about to make its debut. We’re talking of course about the Galaxy S8 Active, which is the beefier, more... Read more...
Barring a surprise launch from Intel (and we are not ruling that out), Coffee Lake will represent the last hurrah for processors built on a 14-nanometer manufacturing process, at least from the Santa Clara outfit. After that we are looking at Cannon... Read more...
You may have found yourself cursing the smartphone gods if you picked up a Nexus 6P handset only to have it eventually develop an annoying habit of endlessly rebooting. Known as the Bootloop of Death, users tried in vain to find a solution, but no... Read more...
The enthusiast processor core wars are starting to heat up, and Intel fired the first shot with its Core X-Series. Currently, the most potent processor from this family is the Core i9-7900X, which is a 10-core part with a base clock of 3.3GHz... Read more...
Remember that feeling you would get when trick-or-treating at Halloween and scoring a full-size candy bar from a generous neighbor? It was like hitting the mother load or finding gold at the end of... Read more...
About a month ago we talked about a critical HyperThreading flaw that had been found in Intel Skylake and Kaby Lake processors. As we noted at that time, the flaw is very hard to trigger and is limited in scope. In fact, many people running... Read more...
Fire-prone batteries are nothing new when it come to electronics. Roughly a decade ago, Sony-manufactured batteries were under the microscope for defects. More recently, Samsung found itself forced... Read more...
We don’t have much longer to wait before the Moto Z2 Force makes its official debut. In fact, the launch is just a couple days away, as Lenovo/Motorola will show off the Moto Z2 Force, Moto X4 and Moto G5S at its #hellomotoworld event. But since... Read more...
How many tabs do you currently have open on your web browser? One? Ten? How about 1691 tabs? Mozilla Quantum Flow Engineer Dietrich Ayala recently demonstrated that Firefox 55 is able to load 1691 tabs in a mere fifteen seconds. Ayala kept track... Read more...