Systemax Wildcat AMD Athlon 64 FX-60 SLI Gaming PC
Systemax Wildcat - Up Close and Personal
The Systemax ATX gaming case that houses the Wildcat's components is clean and attractive. The front bezel has a door to mask the front components while the side window panel offers a view into the Wildcat's interior. When the front door of the bezel is accessed, two DVD drives are revealed as well as a floppy drive. In the bay below the DVD drives is a switch that controls two blue cathodes. One minor issue is the switch operates in reverse of typical lighting, toggling the switch down powers the lights on while toggling up turns them off.
On the front right side of the case are several convenient inputs/outputs such as two USB ports, one FireWire port, and Microphone and Headphone jacks. Also note the three 80mm case fans that are dedicated to cooling the Wildcat's side mounted internal hard drives while a fourth is added to the window of the case.
The rear of the Wildcat reveals the unit's remaining inputs/outputs as well as other options. This is where we get our first glimpse of the Ultra X2 Connect 550w PSU as well as the beefy 120mm illuminated chassis fan. The ATX connections are all common fare, including four USB 2.0 ports, integrated 8.1 channel Audio, PS/2 and LPT1 ports and Dual Gigabit RJ-45 ports. One uncommon item in the port collection is an eSATA port for easily connecting an external SATA drive.
When we say this machine is blue, we mean it -- very literally. Not only is the case blue, but all of the fans, the keyboard, the mouse and the cathodes emit the same blue color. While difficult to capture in pictures, the example images above give a good idea of how the system can bathe a room in cool blue light.
- EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Superclocked ACX...168
- Intel Skull Canyon NUC6i7KYK Mini PC...17
- Amazon Vendors Price Gouging On Scarce...13
- Microsoft Backpedals On Using Dirty Nag...11
- Nintendo Rumored To Be Working With...10
- US Nuclear Force Is Still Reliant On...9
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Review: Pascal...9
- 6 TB Hard Drive Round-Up: WD Red, WD...695k
- Dell XPS 13 (2015) Ultrabook Review,...528k
- Intel SSD 750 Series PCIe SSD Review:...526k
- Intel Core i7-6700K And Z170 Chipset...475k
- Know Your Type: Five Mechanical Gaming...432k
- Alienware X51 R3 Review: Console-Sized...414k
- Alienware Area 51: Triad, Tri-SLI GTX...351k
- MORE HOT STUFF IN SYSTEMS