NVISION 08 Day 1: Jen-Hsun Huang's Keynote
Multi-Touch Interfaces, Trisha Helfer
Perhaps the most impressive demo shown during Jen-Hsun Huang’s keynote was of multi-touch display and interface that uses the computational power of the GPU.
We took some video of the demo that should be posted in the next day or so, which you must come back and check out. Jen-Hsun and the speaker both manipulated images and maps on-screen, in real time, with smooth fluid motion. This demo has to be seen to be appreciated, so please do stop back to watch the video from the event once we have it live.
Finally, Jen-Hsun brought out the gorgeous Tricia Helfer, of Battlestar Galactica. Tricia spoke about how having to work alongside digital characters has transformed acting. She gave numerous examples of how she would have to do multiple shoots that would all eventually be composited together, to make it appear as if all of the digital and live characters were all on camera at once. Although there wasn’t much technical substance to Tricia’s talk her presence was certainly welcome. For all of you BSG fans out there, she is definitely more beautiful in person.
- Update: AMD Retires Catalyst Control...33
- AMD Radeon R9 380X Review: Fastest GPU...25
- NVIDIA Reveals Details On Pascal GPU...14
- Windows 10 Set To Become Most Widely...11
- Leaked Intel 2016 CPU Roadmap Highlights...10
- Microsoft Says Lumia 950 and 950 XL Will...9
- Latest Windows 10 Update Reportedly...6
- 6 TB Hard Drive Round-Up: WD Red, WD...570k
- Dell XPS 13 (2015) Ultrabook Review,...461k
- Intel SSD 750 Series PCIe SSD Review:...425k
- Know Your Type: Five Mechanical Gaming...414k
- Making The Jump To Windows 10, A...326k
- Alienware Area 51: Triad, Tri-SLI GTX...277k
- Intel Broadwell NUC NUC5i7RYH With Iris...266k
- MORE HOT STUFF IN COMPONENTS