NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS and 8600 GT
DX10 Screen Shots and IQ
When we covered the inital launch of the GeForce 8800 series , we detailed the new image quality-related features inherent in the Lumenex engine, so we won't go into detail again here. We did, however, run a couple of preliminary tests to ensure the GeForce 8600 was producing the same kind of images as the GeForce 8800.
In all of the few games we tested, the new GeForce 8600 cards produced images that were idential to those of a GeForce 8800. The screenshots above, taken with Futuremark's 3DMark06, illustrate that point. The two images are idential right down to every pixel.
And although DirectX 10 games that can exploit NVIDIA's GeForce 8 series hardware haven't arrived just yet, we wanted to present some eye candy from a couple of upcoming titles to demonstrate what the API is capable of. The screenshots above are from CryTek's upcoming shooter Crysis and Massive Entertainmant's World In Conflict. Flipping through the images avbove is sure to enduce some jaw-dropping. Of course, we can't vouch for the GeForce 8600's performance in these titles, because they aren't ready yet. But, the DX10 features offerf by the 8600's GPU mean it'll be able to render these future titles as the developers intended.
- 6 TB Hard Drive Round-Up: WD Red, WD...634k
- Dell XPS 13 (2015) Ultrabook Review,...494k
- Intel SSD 750 Series PCIe SSD Review:...484k
- Know Your Type: Five Mechanical Gaming...426k
- Making The Jump To Windows 10, A...333k
- Intel Core i7-6700K and Z170 Chipset...331k
- Alienware X51 R3 Review: Console-Sized...317k
- MORE HOT STUFF IN COMPONENTS