by Dave Altavilla — Monday, October 22, 2012
Motorola DROID RAZR HD Full Review
4G LTE Performance Testing
Since networks and browsing speeds are a key feature of any smartphone, we also conducted some formal speed tests to see how well the Motorola RAZR HD compared to some of today's hottest smartphones using the SpeedTest.net app across the Verizon 4G LTE network.
The Motorola RAZR HD managed impressive throughput of about 27MB/s downstream and 18MB/s upstream. It's interesting to see the trends emerging now in carrier performance. We conducted this test in an area that had a fairly low density population but offered a 5 bar signal strength for both carriers. The AT&T Galaxy S III offered an impressive 40MB/s downstream result, besting the RAZR HD by a wide margin, but fell short of upstream bandwidth, on the order of about 5MB/s slower than the Verizon-enabled RAZR HD. Download throughput is where most users will experience and measure network performance but 27MB/s for the RAZR HD is plenty fast for anyone in a smartphone usage model.
- 6 TB Hard Drive Round-Up: WD Red, WD...571k
- Dell XPS 13 (2015) Ultrabook Review,...462k
- Intel SSD 750 Series PCIe SSD Review:...427k
- Know Your Type: Five Mechanical Gaming...414k
- Making The Jump To Windows 10, A...326k
- Alienware Area 51: Triad, Tri-SLI GTX...278k
- Intel Broadwell NUC NUC5i7RYH With Iris...266k
Your Smartwatch Of Choice
- MORE HOT STUFF IN MOBILE