Intel Core i7 Processors: Nehalem and X58 Have Arrived
High-Res Gaming: UT3 and ETQW
In this next set of tests, we continued with some more high-resolution in-game benchmarking with Enemy Territory Quake Wars and Unreal Tournament 3. We maximized the in-game graphics options with both game and cranked the resolution up 1920x1200. With ETQW, 4X anti-aliasing and 16X anisotropic filtering were enabled as well.
Both Enemy Territory Quake Wars and Unreal Tournament 3 showed a marked performance improvement when running on the Core i7 platform with either 3-Way GeForce GTX 280 SLI or a Radeon HD 4870 X2 CrossFireX configuration. As we stated on the previous page, however, although both graphics configurations were faster overall, expect even more performance with future driver releases.
- 6 TB Hard Drive Round-Up: WD Red, WD...636k
- Dell XPS 13 (2015) Ultrabook Review,...495k
- Intel SSD 750 Series PCIe SSD Review:...485k
- Know Your Type: Five Mechanical Gaming...426k
- Intel Core i7-6700K And Z170 Chipset...337k
- Making The Jump To Windows 10, A...335k
- Alienware X51 R3 Review: Console-Sized...319k
- MORE HOT STUFF IN COMPONENTS