CES 2010 Highlight Wrap-Up In Pictures and Video
Gigabyte, EVGA, MSI
As you probably know, Gigabyte is best known for its motherboards, but the company also makes numerous graphics cards, laptops, heatsinks, and other peripherals. The Taiwan based manufacturer invited us to their suite to check out their new products for 2010.
Extreme enthusiasts make up only a fraction of the consumer market, but that fact hasn't stopped companies from catering to this niche crowd. Leading the way in the push for insane performance, EVGA showed us its next generation motherboard that left us in awe. This creation supports two 45nm Xeon 5500 series processors, features Intel's 5520 chipset, includes 12 DIMM slots, and has 7 PCIe sockets. Wow. EVGA hasn't settled on a name for the board quite yet but expect it to fall within the Classified product line up.
There was a lot going on at the Micro Star International--MSI--booth on the show floor. MSI makes motherboards, graphics cards, and notebooks among other things. But one of the products that caught our eye was the Big Bang Fuzion motherboard which features Lucid's Hydra chip and supports the combination of ATI and NVIDIA videocards.
- 6 TB Hard Drive Round-Up: WD Red, WD...681k
- Dell XPS 13 (2015) Ultrabook Review,...523k
- Intel SSD 750 Series PCIe SSD Review:...522k
- Intel Core i7-6700K And Z170 Chipset...452k
- Know Your Type: Five Mechanical Gaming...432k
- Alienware X51 R3 Review: Console-Sized...396k
- Alienware Area 51: Triad, Tri-SLI GTX...344k
- MORE HOT STUFF IN COMPONENTS