A Grounded Evaluation Of The iPad Air
Performance: CPU and Web Browsing
In the following tests, we will take a look at how the Apple iPad Air compares to other tablets by running a few common benchmarks to evaluate CPU and web browsing performance.
The Linpack test has a tendency to post wildly inconsistent results, so the way we handle that is by running it over a dozen times, and then taking an average of three consistent runs after that, discarding any scores that jump way out of the norm. In this case, the iPad Air's dual-core A7 processor combined with 1GB of RAM posted a score of around 321, coming out ahead of all the other tablets we pitted it against.
Here we have another strong showing for the iPad Air. What's interesting to note here is that it scored significantly higher than the iPad 4, underscoring Apple's claims that the A7 SoC is a big improvement over previous processors.
- 6 TB Hard Drive Round-Up: WD Red, WD...490k
- Know Your Type: Five Mechanical Gaming...400k
- Dell XPS 13 (2015) Ultrabook Review,...398k
- Intel SSD 750 Series NVMe PCI Express...357k
- Making The Jump To Windows 10, A...279k
- Alienware Area-51: Triad, Tri-SLI GTX...233k
- Intel Broadwell NUC NUC5i7RYH With Iris...211k