AMD Athlon II and Phenom II X2 Processors Debut
For our next set of tests, we moved on to some in-game benchmarking with Crysis and F.E.A.R. When testing processors with Crysis or F.E.A.R., we drop the resolution to 800x600, and reduce all of the in-game graphical options to their minimum values to isolate CPU and memory performance as much as possible. However, the in-game effects, which control the level of detail for the games' physics engines and particle systems, are left at their maximum values, since these actually do place some load on the CPU rather than GPU.
The AMD-built processors put up a strong performance in the F.E.A.R. benchmark, and performed well in Crysis. The Phenom II X2 550 actually pulled ahead of the Core 2 E6850 here.
- Know Your Type: Five Mechanical Gaming...362k
- 6 TB Hard Drive Round-Up: WD Red, WD...348k
- Dell XPS 13 (2015) Ultrabook,...342k
- Intel SSD 750 Series NVMe PCI Express...251k
- Alienware Area-51: Triad, Tri-SLI GTX...159k
- Asus Zenbook UX305 Ultrabook Review:...153k
- HP Spectre X360 Ultrabook Review: Sleek,...148k