4-Way SSD Round-Up Redux: OCZ, Corsair, PhotoFast
Corsair P64 SSD
As the "P64" in this drive's product name implies, Corsair's P64 features a 64GB total capacity. And as is the case with all of the other SSDs features here it has SATA 3.0Gb/s connectivity and a heavy-duty aluminum enclosure as well.
With the P64 disassembled, you can see the PCB and Samsung S3C29RBB01-YK40 controller used in the drive as well as its 128MB of on-board cache memory. Samsung MLC flash memory is also used in the drive, with six chips situated on the underside of the PCB and two soldered right on top.
Expansion / Connectivity
Corsair's specifcations for the P64 claim sequential read and write speeds of 220MB/s and 120MB/s, respectively, with max shock resistance of 1500G and a mean time before failure (MTBF) of over 1 million hours.
- 6 TB Hard Drive Round-Up: WD Red, WD...640k
- Dell XPS 13 (2015) Ultrabook Review,...495k
- Intel SSD 750 Series PCIe SSD Review:...485k
- Know Your Type: Five Mechanical Gaming...427k
- Intel Core i7-6700K And Z170 Chipset...341k
- Making The Jump To Windows 10, A...335k
- Alienware X51 R3 Review: Console-Sized...322k
- MORE HOT STUFF IN COMPONENTS