4-Way SSD Round-Up Redux: OCZ, Corsair, PhotoFast
OCZ Vertex Turbo
Next up we have the OCZ Vertex Turbo Edition SSD. The original OCZ Vertex SSD was praised for its strong performance and competitive price point. And it remains a very popular product amongst enthusiasts today. OCZ saw fit, however, to update the Vertex Series drives with faster cache and tweaked firmware to improve performance even further.
The drive you see pictured here is a 120GB OCZ Vertex Turbo SATA SSD. It uses the same 2.5" form factor as most other SSDs currently available and is housed in a durable metal enclosure. The OCZ Vertex Turbo is built around an Indilinx controller, paired with 64MB of 180MHz DRAM cache--the original Vertex drives had 166MHz cache. And like the original Vertex drives, although it is branded at a 120GB model due to its in-OS formatted capactity, it is actually a 128GB drive.
120GB Max Performance
As the specifications show, the Vertex Turbo Series of solid state drives have varying read / write speed ratings. The 120GB model pictured above, is rated for read speeds up to 270 MB/s, with write speeds of up to 200MB/s and sustained writes of up to 120MB/s.
- 6 TB Hard Drive Round-Up: WD Red, WD...463k
- Know Your Type: Five Mechanical Gaming...397k
- Dell XPS 13 (2015) Ultrabook Review,...387k
- Intel SSD 750 Series NVMe PCI Express...340k
- Alienware Area-51: Triad, Tri-SLI GTX...210k
- Intel Broadwell NUC NUC5i7RYH With Iris...193k
- HP Spectre X360 Ultrabook Review: Sleek,...190k