Latest News - January 2013
- Facebook Beats the Street and Exceeds Q4 Earnings Estimates
- Twitter Updates and Enhances Photo and Video Viewing Services
- Futuremark to Launch Latest 3DMark on February 4th
- Could Google Fiber Competition Cause ISPs To Cut Rates and Increase Bandwidth?
- Gigabyte GeForce GTX 680 Super OverClock Review
- Rockstar: Grand Theft Auto V Delayed Four Months, Will Be Worth the Wait
- Google Maps Updated with Glorious Street Views of The Grand Canyon
- Honda Adding Apple Siri "Eyes Free" Assist on Some 2013 Cars
- Microsoft, Best Buy NYC Planning Midnight Surface Pro Launch Event
- Students Can Snag Windows 8 Pro for $70 Starting February 1
- "The Scale of the Universe" Tool is as Mind-Blowing As It Is Educational
- Google Busts Out Android Apps for the Super Bowl
- Kanex DualRole Finally Gives Your MacBook More USB 3.0 Ports
- NVIDIA Details The Building Of Project SHIELD
All News for January 2013
It looks like Facebook is starting to find its way as a publicly traded company. The social networking site posted its fourth quarter financial results, which showed a 40 percent jump in revenue to $1.59 billion, compared to $1.13 billion in the... Read more...
Twitter has been evolving fairly rapidly of late, likely because it's moving closer and closer to a legitimate business model with sponsored tweets and the like. This week, the social networking outfit has rolled out several enhancements that make... Read more...
The wait has been long, but Futuremark has finally announced a release date for its latest 3DMark benchmark: February 4th. Unlike previous 3DMarks, this one foregoes a suffix - it's not "3DMark 13", but simply "3DMark". This simplification... Read more...
Google Fiber is, in a word, awesome. In addition to bringing unprecedented Internet speeds to a few lucky areas in Kansas City (at an attractive price point no less), the presence of the service has apparently been attracting startups to the area... Read more...
Like an unexpected kick to the groin (as if those unfortunate incidents are ever expected), Rockstar Games today announced that its highly anticipated Grand Theft Auto V game won't ship in Spring as originally intended. Instead, it's being delayed... Read more...
Google Maps has changed the way we navigate the world, whether it’s planning out a trip (or adjusting on the fly), using your smartphone to figure out where the dang ballet studio is, having a Street View look at the town you’re about to... Read more...
Apple's Siri voice recognition software gets around, and later this year, it will be integrated into 2013 model Honda Accord, Acura RDX, and ILX models as a dealer installed option, American Honda announced. Using Eyes Free mode, drivers with a... Read more...
Looking to go Pro? As in, Surface Pro? You'll have your chance to purchase Microsoft's high-powered tablet beginning February 9, 2013, when Surface Pro goes on sale to the general public starting at $899, but you won't be the first. Select guests... Read more...
Microsoft will offer a discounted version of Windows 8 Pro to students beginning February 1, 2013, the company announced. It's the upgrade edition, and it will be available for students online at the Microsoft Store for $70 in the U.S., with more... Read more...
Before reading on, we must warn you that your next 20 minutes should be free, because once you discover the Flash tool "Scale of the Universe", that's just about the amount of time you'll need before you'll be able to focus on other things. Its goal... Read more...
With the "Big Game" happening in just a couple of days, many of us have a bunch of last-minute things to tackle. There's the beer, snacks, extra chairs if you're hosting the party, beer, an address in case you're going out for a party, a clean... Read more...
Many have chided Apple for the lack of ports available on its high-end laptops. If you want, you can spec out a $3k+ MacBook Pro laptop... but you can't get more than two USB ports on it, no matter what sum you're ready to shell out. For hardcore... Read more...
Without question, NVIDIA's introduction of Project SHIELD was one of the highlight moments from CES 2013. Out of nowhere, a company that has been delving into GPUs for years comes out with a new piece of hardware -- it's tough to not get somewhat... Read more...