Toshiba Jumps on the Tablet Bandwagon
Like so many other slates in the pipeline, the Folio 100 is a 10.1-inch device that will come built around the Android 2.2 platform, otherwise known as Froyo. Toshiba says they're targeting people "looking for a 100 percent portable and versatile device," which we thought was pretty much the whole point of a tablet in the first place.
So what do the specs look like?
- Nvidia Tegra 2 CPU
- Capacitive multi-touch display with 1024x600 pixels
- 16GB onboard storage
- Bluetooth 2.1
- 1x HDMI mini, 1x USB 2.0, SD/MMC Card Reader
- Native Adobe Flash 10.1 support
- 1.3MP Webcam
- Battery Life: 7 hours (65 percent Web browser, 10 percent video playback, 25 percent standby)
- Weight: 760g
- Size: 281mm x 181mm x 14mm
Look for the Folio 100 to ship in the fourth quarter of 2010 throughout Europe, Middle East, and Africa. No word on when Toshiba plans to ship this one stateside.