SwiftKey Turns One, Introduces New Features
Using a third-party Android keyboard is pretty common these days. Whether you chose SWYPE, SwiftKey, or another keyboard, most users will agree that these third-party keyboards have much more to offer than the stock Android keyboard.
Recently, Touch Type introduced two new keyboards that are sure to catch the attention of some Android users. The first is SwiftKey X. According to the company, this keyboard is " the most advanced product we’ve engineered to date, and it’s packed full of new features." The second new keyboard is designed specifically for tablets and is appropriately called SwiftKey Tablet X. SwiftKey Tablet X offers many of the same features as SwiftKey X but with the addition of a split key that is designed with tablet typing in mind.
TouchType Inc. Launches Flagship SwiftKey X App for Android Smartphones and Tablets
Award-Winning Android Keyboard Extended to Tablet Form Factor
SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwire - July 14, 2011) - TouchType Inc. today announced the availability of SwiftKey™ X for smartphones and SwiftKey™ Tablet X, two new intuitive Android keyboard apps. The launch builds on the company's success with its original Android keyboard app SwiftKey™, which debuted one year ago and has since enjoyed more than 1.5 million downloads.
Among the key advances in both smartphone and tablet apps are:
- Fluency 2.0 language inference engine (http://touchtype-online.com/technology/intelligent-text-entry): the latest evolution in artificial intelligence-driven text entry. Fluency 2.0 uses machine learning to predict and correct by observing how a user composes text and then predicts what they will likely type next.
- Cloud Learning using Gmail, Twitter and Facebook: TouchType's cloud-based personalization service learns from a user's message history to offer a custom-fit prediction and correction experience never seen before on mobile or tablet.
- Integration of Touch Interaction Modeling: a technology that conducts real-time analysis of the user's touchscreen typing precision to improve word accuracy and predictions.
In addition, SwiftKey Tablet X incorporates an innovative split key layout for thumb typing on the larger touchscreen tablet form factor. The concept, developed by TouchType ahead of a showcase at Google's Honeycomb launch in February, has already been recognized for its innovative approach with a CTIA Emerging Technology award.
"Our new apps for smartphone and tablet give consumers direct access to the world's most advanced language technology of its kind," said Jon Reynolds, co-founder and CEO, TouchType Inc. "We've built SwiftKey X and SwiftKey Tablet X closely with our very passionate community of users over the last six months to offer an unrivaled touchscreen typing experience. Finally, we're excited to offer it to the market as a whole."
Among the wide range of new features coming to both smartphone and tablet applications, notable additions include:
- Keyboard themes and new customizations for both apps;
- Options to choose from more than 20 languages;
- Flexibility to enable users to type in up to three languages at once, with auto-correction that is language-aware;
- Improved settings and installer user interface.
SwiftKey X supports all Android 2.X smartphones and retails at $3.99. SwiftKey Tablet X supports all Android 2.X/3.X tablets and retails at $4.99. Both apps are available via the Android Market and Amazon Appstore. To commemorate the first anniversary of SwiftKey's beta launch, TouchType will offer a 48-hour promotion (http://swiftkey.net/download) of SwiftKey X and SwiftKey Tablet X for $1.99 each.*
* Promotion runs from 6am PDT 7/14 until 6am PDT 7/16