Sony's DPP-F700 Digital Photo Frame Also Prints 4"x6" Photos
The DPP-F700 falls into the company's S-Frame line, and as expected, it somehow crams a digital frame and a printer into a single device. The all-in-one device allows users to display slideshows on the 7-inch display (which has a WVGA 800 x 480 resolution) as well as print out some of those favorite photos on 4" x 6" paper. The prints are 300x300dpi in quality and can print out a single image in just 45 seconds. The frame also includes controls to crop, edit, enlarge and adjust contrast/brightness before printing, but we'd recommend making those changed in a photo editor before loading them up.
There's also 1GB of internal storage along with a multi-card reader that supports Memory Stick PRO, Memory Stick PRO Duo, Secure Digital (SD), SDHC, Multi-Media Card (MMC), Compact Flash, and xD-Picture Card media. It'll also automatically rotate photos depending on whether the device is setup vertically or horizontally, and most of the common file formats are supported. It'll ship in January of 2010 for $200.
- Sony Electronics is launching a stylish multitasking S-Frame® digital photo frame with printer (model DPP-F700).
- The sleek, all-in-one device allows photo viewing and printing for picture lovers who enjoy displaying and sharing copies of their special memories.
- Showcasing your favorite photos in vibrant color and crisp detail, the DPP-F700 features a 7-inch (measured diagonally) (16:10) LCD display with WVGA (800 x 480) resolution.
- The device prints 4 x 6-inch professional quality 300 x 300 dpi photos instantly in just 45 seconds.
- Allowing you to edit images before printing, the device’s options include enlarge, reduce, crop, date stamp on/off, border/borderless (for single prints), and brightness, contrast, hue, and sharpness adjustment.
- In Creative Print mode, you can make a calendar with pictures (more than 30 templates), print an ID photo, and create a "layout print" with multiple images on one sheet.
- Using Screen Capture, you can print exactly what is displayed on the screen during a slideshow.
- The frame-printer device features about one gigabyte of internal storage capacity with an auto-resizing adjustment that downsizes photos to let you store up to 2,000 photos.
- Image transfer is a snap with direct USB input from your PC, as well as support for most memory cards, including Memory Stick PRO™, Memory Stick PRO Duo™, Secure Digital (SD), SDHC, Multi-Media Card (MMC), Compact Flash®, and xD-Picture Card™ media.
- Whether the device is set vertically or horizontally, the Auto Orientation sensor automatically rotates your photos into portrait or landscape format according to the placement.
- A wide range of view and print modes and many other functions can be managed from the included remote control.
- Multiple playback options offer flexibility to display photos as single images, as thumbnails for easy searching, or as a slideshow with ten built-in transitions.
- The new S-Frame model supports JPEG, TIFF, and BMP image file formats.
- Supplied accessories include a paper tray, AC adaptor, CD-ROM (print driver, PMB), operation manual, cleaning kit, and stand.
- Optional print packs include compatible SVM-F series: SVM-F40P (40 sheets of photo paper and cartridge), and SVM-F120P (120 sheets of photo paper and cartridges).
- The DPP-F700 digital photo frame-printer will be available for about $200 in January and can be purchased online at http://www.sonystyle.com, at Sony Style® retail stores and at authorized dealers nationwide.